"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess Phone - Missing Hookswitch Piece

Started by SunriseEarth, September 12, 2019, 03:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseEarth

Hello,

I recently bought a lot of three Princess phones.   There was a very early 702B in Dark Gold that appealed to me, so the other two were mainly along for the ride.  One is a white 702B that was in very good shape (and surprisingly, very white!).  That one just needed to be cleaned up and wired to a jack to be usable.   

The final Princess is a red 702B that will need a fair amount of work.  From the pics, I saw the original line cord was severed.  When I got the phone, I discovered that the handset cord was also severed and that the only thing in the handset was a transmitter capsule.   I also noticed from the pics that the plungers were depressed even though the handset was off the base.  When I opened the phone, I found the top of the hookswitch was missing.

I realize this thread might be better with pictures, so I will update tonight.  Anyway, I was wondering if that top part of the hookswitch is something easily replaced (if you have the right parts) or if this phone should be relegated to parts. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

HarrySmith

Most parts are replaceable. Pictures of exactly what you have will help.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

We have lots of Princess parts and 302 parts.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

SunriseEarth

Quote from: poplar1 on September 12, 2019, 04:10:37 PM
We have lots of Princess parts and 302 parts.

Thanks!   I'll DM you tonight.   I'll need to take pictures of the hookswitch so we can all see what's missing.

I'm also missing a receiver and the transmitter cup.  I'll also need to find a red handset cord with the spaded ends.   
Tony Stokes

SunriseEarth

Here are some pics of what is missing:
Tony Stokes

SunriseEarth

Tony Stokes

HarrySmith

Just spotted this base on eBay. Has the hookswitch & 2 extra dials. Maybe too high price?
At least a good picture of what you need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bell-System-702-Princess-Telephone-Parts/193098693793
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"