News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 83: 1965 Bell System Picturephone

Started by AE_Collector, January 28, 2013, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Whoaaa! $21,433.67 Congratulations, Mo! We were all with you in the last few minutes. The most exciting auction possible! Winner, John LaRue!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

G-Man

Congratulations to John for a wonderful addition to his excellent museum where it will be displayed and appreciated by visitors from around the world! And not too bad for a seller with 0-feedback!!

twocvbloke

All I can say is congratulations, that is a whopping amount at $21,433.67!!!

Phonesrfun

Wow, it went from 16k to 21k in the blink of an eye!  More fun than watching the Super Bowl!
-Bill G

twocvbloke

Just some quick braindead maths, did I win the guess? ~1,100 more than my guess, but ~1,400 less than Mr. Bones? ???

Sargeguy

Congratulations!!!   Double my prediction!

I hope the buyer restores it and gets it working.  Of course to use it, don"t they need a pair?

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

Congrats to Mr. Bones for winning the contest by $27 with the sale price nearly splitting the difference between Mr. Bones and twocvbloke, I think . . .

DavePEI

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 03, 2013, 07:55:17 PM
Congratulations!!!   Double my prediction!

I hope the buyer restores it and gets it working.  Of course to use it, don"t they need a pair?

They have other incomplete ones, but none in such good shape. It can also be displayed in self view mode.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Yes it was close for sure! But Mr. bones seems to have barely edged out twocvbloke. Too bad twocv, apparently Maureen just found another one in a box and the contest winner gets the box it was in!

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on February 03, 2013, 07:56:00 PM
Congrats to Mr. Bones for winning the context by $27 with the sale price nearly splitting the difference between Mr. Bones and twocvbloke, I think . . .

I just used a calculator, Mr. Bones got the prize, not me... :D

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Here is another stat:

29 guests and 25 members on line at the moment on CRPF. I have seen more guests at once but never more members at one time. Didn't get the chance to check just as the auction was completing. Lost I member before I thought to copy and paste the list here below but word has spread to the guests, they are up to 36 now.

Terry

36 Guests, 24 Users Users active in past 15 minutes:
AE_Collector, Phonesrfun, Gilas, njglassman, DavePEI, dencins, TelePlay, baldopeacock, MagicMo, twocvbloke, unbeldi, Doug Rose, AdamAnt316, zapper, jsowers, wds, Just4Phones, G-Man, Dennis Markham, Sargeguy, Russ Kirk, kleenax, QuietStove, paul-f

MagicMo

Holy Carp!! Amazing, simply amazing. I'm beyond thrilled.
Thanks!!
Mo :D
Practice Kindness :)

Phonesrfun

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 03, 2013, 08:02:52 PM
Here is another stat:

29 guests and 25 members on line at the moment on CRPF. I have seen more guests at once but never more members at one time. Didn't get the chance to heck just as the auction was completing.
Terry

This auction and, indeed, Mo have both been good for us as a forum!
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

For me, there have been two events that have really piqued my interest on this fourm in ways that other activities haven't.

Maureen's auction, and her exploring the items of her father's estate is one, and Dan Panther's trial 500 is the other. 

This is a great forum!
-Bill G