News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Having the Greatest Friends

Started by WesternElectricBen, March 27, 2014, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Well, my original post never loaded, so let me type it up again.

When I came home, on Wednesday night, I came to a semi-large package from a good phone collector friend. For is his privacy, I will not name him, but he has sent many great things to me before, the beautiful restored 3 slot, Med. blue, Rose beige, boxes of phones at Lancaster, and on and on. Obviously, he is a kind person, though he has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, making him let go of stuff.

So, on to the stuff, which he gracefully sent to me, which I'm not exactly sure about. In the first picture is a 1951 WE 410, either a ringer cutoff model or two lines, though I am pretty sure it is a 2 line model, because of the number card. Notice, it does have a crack, so I might try to find another '51 302 body, and possibly drill a hole where the toggle switch goes, but probably not right now.

On to the books, in the first picture shows some "Telephone Apparatus and Cable" books, issue 11 and 12 written by Western Electric. And in the second picture is some AE telephone books, and in the third is a TCI "Telephone Catalog" reprint.

I know the man who gave me the stuff worked for a railroad ATT partner system, so I am wondering if he would use these books as manuals, or these were simply for reading material. Of course, the TCI reprint was from reading material and visual aids.

If you know anything about the books or more about the phone, post it below. Thanks!

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Please excuse the images not loading, and refer to my YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vE2LwZjEc

Thanks,
Ben

Mr. Bones

Some remarkably kind gifts, indeed! I couldn't possibly think of a more deserving recipient, Ben!

Please, be so kind as to relay my best wishes, love, and prayers to your friend.

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Mr. Bones,

I will, and thank you very much.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

The 410 is now my new desk daily dialer.

Ben

Doug Rose

Really nice job Ben...beautiful....Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 28, 2014, 07:36:07 PM
Really nice job Ben...beautiful....Doug

Thanks Doug, coming from you that means a lot!

Ben

Dennis Markham

Looks very nice, Ban.  Great job!

WesternElectricBen