News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Selling a Western Electric 460-MC-3 on ebay

Started by bob833, November 21, 2019, 06:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob833

HI, hope this pass the rules! I am selling a Western Electric 460-MC-3 Multi-Line Rotary Telephone on ebay right now. It goes off Saturday 23, 2019 about 7:30 pm est.  Thanks, Bob.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233405330720

bob833

People just don't understand shipping costs. A person was interested in this phone and after 4 messages I should have blocked him before he bid.
He told me shipping was too high, $35 from Pennsylvania to California. I gave him box size and weight and to go to the postal calculator and check the price for himself.
Well, he bid and won it, and then sent me another message telling me again, Put it in a medium flat rate box it "should work".
There would be no way I would ship this phone in a med. flat rate box, I took pictures and showed him about a 1/2" clearance "before" any packing material.
I wonder if he is a member on this forum, are we allowed to call out people by name on this forum? I wouldn't want someone else to be subject to him trying to dictate shipping costs after the sale.

19and41

Did Your sale have an automatic shipping calculator to determine shipping costs?  I ask because your posted page shows a lower figure.  If it were possible, It might have been better to have a flat rate shipping for the continuous US.  That could be a mess If his desired shabby shipping damages the phone.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

bob833

Yes, the listing did have a shipping calculator, as all my auction do that aren't flat rate or free shipping. It is showing that price on the pictures because it was calculating for my own zip code. He lives in California, 2800 mile difference.

Key2871

Well he would have been disappointed getting that phone in a medium box. It would have not survived undamaged.
Yes people don't want to pay shipping because it can be very expensive, I would have figured a flat rate and gone with that, because that way you pack it well so itsnot going to get used for sicker in some postal warehouse before they put it in the bottom of a pile with really heavy stuff on top.
Good luck, hope it works out for ya.
KEN