News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

10 button sets almost done! (My new 1554)

Started by Kenton K, November 15, 2014, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Hi,

I just wanted to share my recently purchased 1554. I found it on ebay for $17.77 with free shipping! Unfortunately, it was refurbished  and has a new case. At least it has the funny blanks and not gaping holes. I guess I'll be looking to buy a 10 button 1554 shell, or at least, a non modular 12 button shell.

I also purchased a aqua 1220 trimline for $25 on the bay. All the dates match, even the cords and light bulbs! It was super badly faded, so I have been sanding it to bring out the baby blue color. The handset is finished, and you can see the difference between the base and the handset. What a difference!

Just need a princess!

-KK

JimH

Very nice collection. Unless I'm reading that wrong, going by the "refurbished" date on the keypad, I'm surprised they were still rebuilding 10-buttons in 1979. 
Jim H.

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice 10 button sets!

It looks like the buttons were updated on the 1554. The "0" button says "Oper" instead of the full "Operator" that was used on all 1500s and 2500s until about 1972.

If I were you, I would stick with the current 2500 housing on that 1554, because 1554 or even 2554 non-modular housings are very hard to come across by themselves.

Your trimline makes me jealous! That's the one basic 10 button variant that I don't have!  ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

The $25 Trimline was a good snag, even though it needs work. I think I picked up my beige 10 button Trimline for double that.

Ben

Kenton K

Ha, I finally have a phone Christian doesn't have!
I think 10 button trimlines are harder to find partly because you can't see the buttons from the outside. Plus, the buttons are small and they don't contrast as much to the gray background as opposed to most other 10 button varieties. For instance, there its very hard to tell its a 1220 from an ebay thumbnail as opposed to a 10 button princess.

-KK

Kenton K

DONE!!!

Just bought my first princess and its a 1702! So excited! Best part is I paid $21 plus shipping! WOHOO!

Ken

Kenton K

It's been nearly two years, and I only just finished the set! I got lucky and recently bought a 1554 from ebay and just finished cleaning it up. the 1554 has been a tricky bird to catch. So now I can actually say I have all the basic 10 button models. Feels good to complete something.

I just need to find a 1500 to make a fully green collection, haha.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252541674602

KK

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice Ken!

Now you need a Green 1500 and a Green desk Trimline! That lineup would actually have made a cool Bell System ad back in the day!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

podor

AL_as_needed

Its all fun and games until your on the line with the bank and get "... enter your pin number, followed by the # sign" haha.

But that is a sharp looking set, good to see there are still some real deals hidden around.
TWinbrook7

Kenton K

Yup, I've definitely had times where I've had to run to the only TT phone in the house to complete a call.  ;D

-KK

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AL_as_needed on October 16, 2016, 09:41:17 AM
Its all fun and games until your on the line with the bank and get "... enter your pin number, followed by the # sign" haha.

But that is a sharp looking set, good to see there are still some real deals hidden around.

Back in the early days of TT menus, you could dial "*" & " #"  I am thinking 010 and 011. But I am not sure.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.