News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TrimLine question

Started by AL_as_needed, November 25, 2016, 04:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

In BSP section 502-303-102 Issue1, October 1978.
There are 10  trimline handsets mentioned as well as 7 bases, available  in 8 colors.

I suspect some more handsets, bases, and colors were added between 10/78 and 12/83.

There should be some nice finds out there.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

An ebay photo of a lighted dial. This is a 1967 Incandescent handset.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Jim S. on December 02, 2016, 12:37:29 AM
In BSP section 502-303-102 Issue1, October 1978.
There are 10  trimline handsets mentioned as well as 7 bases, available  in 8 colors.

I suspect some more handsets, bases, and colors were added between 10/78 and 12/83.

There should be some nice finds out there.

JMO,
Jim S.

That is a lot of variation! I can see how some would say they are too modern, but the basic components arent much different than say a 500 or a princess, they are just broken down and placed where they could fit as per the design. I still see touch tone versions of the trimline all over "in the wild" still in regular use. Maybe myself having grown up with them, they dont hold as much an aura as older sets.

Sadly having the newer board, mine has the nice lime green glow of the LED version, which makes for an interesting clash of tech considering the rotary.
TWinbrook7

19and41

I have always thought the trimline to be a very handy phone.  When I set up my first dwelling it was the phone I chose when setting up service.  It was a touchtone and I got it in 1981.  I still have it.  The rotary version seems pretty robust as well.  I have a LED lit version.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke