News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unravel the cord!

Started by BDM, May 16, 2014, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Ok, not trying to be Mr. Negative, but if you take the time to photograph, spend time writing the auction, etc etc. UNRAVEL THE FRICKEN CORD ALREADY! Sorry, pet-peeve of mine.

http://tinyurl.com/kx3c9wm

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

paul-f

A lot of work went into getting the handset cord in that condition.  Can you imagine trying to make a call?

It almost qualifies as a work of art.

I suspect most ebay sellers would look at cord untangling as being rocket science.

The description doesn't sound like it was written by a rocket scientist.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

BDM

Back in the early 90s when the wife and I started living together, she would tangle up the kitchen phone cord. Constantly!! Getting into tangles I couldn't even begin to understand how? It was a wall Trimline® round button I installed. She would go around corners, pickup stuff from the floor, cook, all while talking away. Drove me nuts as I seemed to spend more time unraveling it than actually using it. I was happy when soon after I gave her a cordless to use, WHEW!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

LarryInMichigan

When I was a teenager, my mother would spend hours talking on the kitchen wall phone while walking around the kitchen and hallway.  When I would try to use the phone, even though the handset cord was 25' long, I often couldn't pull the handset more than about 2' from the phone.  At every opportunity, I would detach the cord (it was modular) and try to untangle it.  Of course, the cord broke a few times from the stress and had to be replaced.  This red ebay phone must have been used by a female :)

Larry