News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A couple questions about Stromberg-Carlson magneto phone

Started by RB, August 28, 2017, 10:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

I have this SC phone, and it has a black plastic network module and I know nothing about it. and forgot the pics sorry.
Any way, the network module has 1-12 numbered screw contacts on the left side for the handset and hook switch.
13 and 14 across the bottom, and 15-19, i believe on right side labeled l1, l2, Gnd, and, c1, and c2.
c1 is jumped to c2, as is l2 to gnd.
My questions, is this a Common batt phone? I see no screws for the BATT connections.
and, the switch hook consists of only one switch in normal on/off hook operations.
but it has a second switch that is activated by pressing down on the name plate under the cradle, which doubles as the handle also.
two new faces i am seeing for the first time.
Any info, and maybe a schematic? would be great.
Thanks

poplar1

Is it stamped "1243" on the bottom? If so, then, yes, it is a common battery set. The 2-step hookswitch was used on multi-party lines: You listened to make sure the line was idle before pushing down the bar to make a call.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RB

Ok, Thank you for the info.
Interesting point about the hook switch.
I will look tonight at the bottom.
Thanks again.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: poplar1 on August 28, 2017, 11:39:48 AM
Is it stamped "1243" on the bottom? If so, then, yes, it is a common battery set. The 2-step hookswitch was used on multi-party lines: You listened to make sure the line was idle before pushing down the bar to make a call.
I never realized the reason for the hookswitch configuration on the SC1243.
Thanks,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.