News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Every Phone Room Needs a Phone Lamp

Started by Doug Rose, June 21, 2020, 09:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan found this at the same yard sale. This was a 20S that was restamped a 20AL. It was a mess, but cleaned up quickly. 337 transmitter plate.

Bad news is is is empty inside. Empty  :-X

Good news it cleaned up great. Hershey Kiss perch.

It had a fake bottom, and and electrical cord handset cord,. I found my last stick bottom and the remnants of an Ivory handset cord.

Makes a nice lamp...Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

Nice job. Looks like it was accomplished without doing any damage to the phone, too.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Quote from: Pourme on June 21, 2020, 09:41:45 AM
Nice job. Looks like it was accomplished without doing any damage to the phone, too.
Thanks Benny...unfortunately is was gutted!

Good news is was NOT drilled.

I know there were no Brass sticks released by WE, but there was not a speck of black on this, inside or out....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

As Doug has stated many times "Every phone room needs a lamp". Many of you may know l'm a fan of Imperials & Continentals. I don't remember if I have shared this before but here we go.
Gary

oldguy

If anybody knows how to fix my upside down picture, please do so.
Gary

Quote from: oldguy on June 21, 2020, 05:58:48 PM

Here you go!

oldguy

Gary

RB

countryman

Quote from: oldguy on June 21, 2020, 05:58:48 PM

The problem occurs when using certain onboard image manipulation features on windows, Google Photos etc.
These do not actually rotate your pictures and store them this way but only add an information "show picture rotated when viewed next time". This type of information is not submitted when the pictures are posted and they appear upside down in the forum.
I have a free GIMP program installed that can actually rotate pictures, but it's quite elaborate and not really easy to handle. A simpler method would be preferable.

SUnset2

Though we are getting off topic, if you need a photo editing program with somewhat limited capability, but is free (for non-commercial use) and fast, I recommend Irfanview.  I've been using it for years.  It isn't Photoshop, but it is quick and easy.

MMikeJBenN27

When idiots turn a phone into a lamp, they usually throw all the parts away.  That's why I am against it.  I turned a Northern Electric Uniphone #1 that had been turned into a lamp back into a phone.  I had most of what was needed in my pile of parts, so it was cheap and easy for me, but if I hadn't have had them, it would have been pricey.

HarrySmith

On the subject of posting pictures there is a topic with lots of info here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=84.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"