News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T616 prices

Started by Phoniac, January 20, 2011, 09:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoniac

I just bought a Panasonic 616 on the Bay for $43.50 plus a steep $24 shipping. Now not knowing anything about these and see'en most are priced at a "Buy it Now" for $100- $300 did I get a good buy, decent buy or was I in the prone position? The reason I ask is that the seller has contacted me and said he'd sell me another that he's putting up for the same price. I'm think'en he thinks he's got a fish on the line. What are your thoughts and no, I don't need two headaches, I'm sure one will be enough.

Wallphone

That seems to be a good price. I don't have the link for the manuals for it but I have a few PDF's downloaded in the Doug Pav library. I know that at least one of them came from Kidphone. If no one posts the link to them I can do a "YouSendIt" for the ones that I have. I'll wait awhile and see if someone else chirps in.

gpo706

Prices vary according to how detailed the description and what lists they are put in, e.g. - home office systems, or PBX etc.

A lot of these systems end up in the hands of professional telecoms wholesalers and they know the real value, so will be asking big bucks to sell to a commercial buyer.

The 2 I got seemed to be from folks who had stripped their old office and just tried to sell their old PBX off, first went for 40 quid BIN and 25 P&P, second the guy had a very brief description, just saying it was his old office system and was working, so that went for 99p and 17 quid packing.

Just the luck of the buyer in the auction.

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Phoniac

Quote from: Wallphone on January 20, 2011, 11:54:46 AM
I don't have the link for the manuals for it but I have a few PDF's downloaded in the Doug Pav library. I know that at least one of them came from Kidphone. If no one posts the link to them I can do a "YouSendIt" for the ones that I have. I'll wait awhile and see if someone else chirps in.

Wall, I downloaded a manual awhile ago off the web someplace so I'm covered on that but, have yet to read it. Thank you for thinking of it.

Phoniac

Quote from: gpo706 on January 20, 2011, 11:59:36 AM
Prices vary according to how detailed the description and what lists they are put in, e.g. - home office systems, or PBX etc.

A lot of these systems end up in the hands of professional telecoms wholesalers and they know the real value, so will be asking big bucks to sell to a commercial buyer.

The 2 I got seemed to be from folks who had stripped their old office and just tried to sell their old PBX off, first went for 40 quid BIN and 25 P&P, second the guy had a very brief description, just saying it was his old office system and was working, so that went for 99p and 17 quid packing.

Just the luck of the buyer in the auction.

I'm not even going to attempt to figure out what a quid is worth in US. But thank you for your guidance in purchasing one of these.
Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Doug Rose

Quote from: Wallphone on January 20, 2011, 11:54:46 AM
That seems to be a good price. I don't have the link for the manuals for it but I have a few PDF's downloaded in the Doug Pav library. I know that at least one of them came from Kidphone. If no one posts the link to them I can do a "YouSendIt" for the ones that I have. I'll wait awhile and see if someone else chirps in.
I do have the soft manual for the 616 and will send it to anyone who needs it. I have no programming phone, so I have never used it. Default suits me fine....Doug
Kidphone