News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Correct Subset/Ringer Box for Various Space Savers

Started by DesksetCraig, October 30, 2016, 10:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesksetCraig

Looking for some help pairing my Space Saver phones with the correct subset/ringer box that would have been wired to them. What would have come with a WE 201, a WE 211, an AE 43, a Kellogg (like the one pictured) and a Stromberg Carlson? I'm familiar with the WE 531A, the 584A and the 685. Not sure which one is correct with which Space Saver model. Based on age, I would suspect the 531 or 584. On the AE 43, the only one I'm familiar with is the Type 32. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

poplar1

Sidetone:                           Antisidetone:                          Network type subset:
201                                          534A, 584A                       634A, 684A, 634BA, 684BA
211 with E- or F-type handset                                            634A, 684A, 634BA, 684BA
211/212 with G-type handset                                                                                             685A       

531A would not be used with any WE space saver since it is merely an extension ringer.                                 
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

DesksetCraig

Thank you for the info on the WE models. What would the AE 43, the Kellogg or a Stromberg Carlson use?  I don't see many subsets offered for these brands.

unbeldi

In general, all of these would pretty much use the same subset that the contemporary desk sets used.

A Kellogg 9740 would have used a 610 or 700 subset.  Indeed, they are hard to find.

An SC 1201 would probably use a 1180 (magneto) or 1156 (CB) subset.  There were also later suspension phones, 1232, 15??, which would use the later boxes 1280.

Pourme

I don't know what sub set belongs to that space saver, but that space saver belongs on my wall with some of it's distant relatives....nice piece!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

The AE 43 doesn't need a subset as everything us inside except a ringer if required. The 32 Ringer in a Bakelite case would be appropriate. The same bakelite case was available with just a ringer or as a complete subset. Do you need one?

Terry