News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Birthday 166

Started by Doug Rose, December 15, 2015, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Upcoming Birthdays: stopthemachine (37), oldphonelover (53), Buzby (44), Devansphones (166)

Devansphones has not posted since 2012 so I don't think he will make his 166 Birthday this month. This is very sad....Kidold....but not that old
Kidphone

andre_janew

Is Devansphones  from Russia?  I'm asking because people that old (166) tend to be from Russia.

WEBellSystemChristian

That's pretty funny, Doug!

That would be interesting to enter your birthday as, say, December 15th, 2019. That way, it would show up as your -4 year-old birthday!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 15, 2015, 08:23:49 PM
That's pretty funny, Doug!

That would be interesting to enter your birthday as, say, December 15th, 2019. That way, it would show up as your -4 year-old birthday!
Christian...there are some days I fell 165 years old. Today is one of them. Off to he Doctors,  acute tendonitis. On crutches....no idea how I did it, except the calendar....Kidouch
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 16, 2015, 08:04:10 AM
. . . there are some days I fell 165 years old. Today is one of them. Off to he Doctors,  acute tendonitis. On crutches....no idea how I did it, except the calendar....Kidouch

That's funny, Doug. Wait until you get really old and find it is easier to come up with a list that which does not hurt than to list that which does. It may have been all of the heavy lifting I had to do when we created dirt . . .  ::)

twocvbloke

I'm only 30 and I suffered a slipped disc a few weeks back, feeling better now (still some "reminders" there now and then when I move wrong), but back then, ouchie... :o

Thank goodness for the NHS and it's free online doctor stuff... ;D

Buzby

My 5 year old daughter has been telling everyone that it's my 101st birthday today, and will not be convinced otherwise.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Buzby on December 16, 2015, 12:53:56 PM
My 5 year old daughter has been telling everyone that it's my 101st birthday today, and will not be convinced otherwise.
My sister, when she was in Kindergarten, told her teacher that my mom was 83 (instead of her real age then, 38)!
Christian Petterson

andre_janew

Maybe Davensphones is only 100 and Doug is having trouble reading his own handwriting!

Buzby

Quote from: andre_janew on December 16, 2015, 04:01:50 PM
Maybe Davensphones is only 100 and Doug is having trouble reading his own handwriting!

That reminds me of a story someone told me. It was a long time ago, so the details are fuzzy.

He'd been listening to the radio - one of these request shows - when the DJ read out one of the letters. "Could you please with my Gran a Happy Birthday and get well soon, as she was one-hundred-and-eleven recently"

"Well, well, well!", said the DJ, "I would be happy to do that for a woman reaching such an amazing age!"

He played the requested record, and his next announcement was an apology.

"I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, I seemed to have misread the last request. The lady who the dedication was for was 'ILL' recently, and not 111".

AE_Collector

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 16, 2015, 08:04:10 AM
Christian...there are some days I fell 165 years old. Today is one of them. Off to he Doctors,  acute tendonitis. On crutches....no idea how I did it, except the calendar....Kidouch

I see you are feeling very slightly better now Doug. You are only 162 rather than 165. Still a ways to go though..... (See top line of screen capture below)

Am I the only west coaster on here....I feel so lonely (see bottom line of screen capture below)
Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, you did log in at 2 in the morning, Terry.
Christian Petterson

AE_Collector

11:25 PM on the Left Coast.....

Terry