News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need to get WE 302 to ring

Started by DARK FATHER, November 03, 2010, 08:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DARK FATHER

I have read about the party line wiring on these old phones.  I have a 302 that has never rung since I bought it from the flea market.  Does anyone have any pics on how to rewire these from the party line?  I would LOVE to hear this ring!

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

Connect the slate colored wire from the condenser to K on the little terminal pad to the side of the induction coil.  Connect the black ringer wire to there also.

Connect the yellow colored wire from the condenser to the L2/Y terminal on the induction coil.
Connect the red ringer wire to L1 on the induction coil.

(Note that the line cord is most likely connected as follows:
Red to L1 on the induction coil
Green to L2/Y on the induction coil

If your line cord has a yellow and/or black wire, they are not used. Put a piece of electrical tape on the end of each and store them in an out of the way manner.

Also note that the condenser wires are many times faded and hard to tell which color they really are.  Black and red are not used in the ringing circuit, so look for the wires that are the closest to slate an yellow that you can see.  Those are the ones that are used in the ringing circuit, and whether you hook slate to K and yellow to L2/Y or the other way around, it doesn't matter because the condenser is not polarity sensitive.

-Bill G

DARK FATHER

SUCCESS!  It rings!  It sounds GREAT!  This is a phone that I bought about 10 years ago from a flea market for $15-$20.