News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KX-T7730

Started by podor, August 29, 2015, 12:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podor

I'm checking on ebay for a KX-T7030 to program my KX-T61610 and noticed an add for a refurbished KX-T7730 that said it replaced the 7030. They run much cheaper. Will the KX-T7730 program the KC-T61610?

Owain

should do, they work the other way around (in most circumstances) as far as I am aware

Mr. Bones

I am also interested in knowing which phones can be utilized to program my 616.

I bought a KX-T7130 from epay; it turned out to be DOA, so I am still in search of a phone to program the system with.

Anybody need or want this phone? Beautiful cosmetic condition, undoubtedly many useful parts. Free to good home, I'll even pay the postage in the US. PM me, if so... Thanks!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

unbeldi

We tried to put an overview together, look at this table:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13519.msg141328#msg141328

I don't know definitively that the KX-T7730 is compatible, but you can use these:

KX-T30830, 61630, 7030, 7130

The 7700 series was a later model for the Advanced Hybrid Systems, KX-TA/W.  Compatibility wasn't easy to determine, IIRC, from the manuals.

G-Man

ISTR that Panasonic recommended that the 7730 was not to be used with the much, much earlier  616-series KSUs because of current draw issues.

G-Man

Another problem is trying to figure out the correlation for the buttons while in the programming mode. Probably doable but again, as I recall, Panasonic recommended against too many of these instruments on the older system because of their greater current draw.

Ktownphoneco

Please find attached the Installation & Programming Manual for the Panasonic KX-T61610 Easa-Phone Electronic Modular Switching System.

It describes / identifies which phones will perform programming, and which ones are strictly extensions.      If someone needs the keypad programming overlay card, let me know and I'll be happy to scan and post it.     

Jeff Lamb

twocvbloke

I think the most recent phone suited to programming a KX-T61610 is the KX-T7130 model, so best to stick with finding the listed models... :)

podor

Thanks everyone. I really only want to prevent the phones in the kid's rooms from ringing if we get an incoming call when they're in bed. Everything else is perfectly fine. I can't see spending $50+ just to change the that one feature. I haven't gotten a call on that line (it's a Magic Jack) after 6:00 anyway.

podor

Well, I stepped up to the plate and bought a nice black 7030. I ended up running my xlink through the PBX along with my magic jack. So, now the kid's phones won't dial out and won't ring on incoming calls, our cordless phone rings and only dials out on the magic jack, and my 1A2 system rings and dials on both lines. I was just going to use the 7030 to program, but I kind of like it. It's going to be on my desk along with my matching 2565 and 4a speakerphone. Super happy with the whole Panasonic experience.

cloyd

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on August 29, 2015, 06:39:24 PM
Please find attached the Installation & Programming Manual for the Panasonic KX-T61610 Easa-Phone Electronic Modular Switching System.

It describes / identifies which phones will perform programming, and which ones are strictly extensions.      If someone needs the keypad programming overlay card, let me know and I'll be happy to scan and post it.     

Jeff Lamb

Hi Jeff,
I am in the home stretch of wiring the house to use my old phones with a Panasonic 616!  I could use the programming overlay for the kx-t7030 phone that you offered to scan and post if you have time.  :-*
Thank you,
Tina Loyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885