News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I need your opinion

Started by Kenny C, April 03, 2010, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

i saw a 3-63 500 WE set today and I want to know what you think it is worth. It had no refurb dates.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Depends on whether it is black or colored and if colored, what color and it depends very much on the condition.

Gpt a photo?
-Bill G

Kenny C

looked good was black and no my mom keeps the camera and she was not with us
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Kenny C

that old man really cherished that phone he wanted 29 dollars
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Yeah that's way too much for just a black one.  People sometimes really overvalue common phones, I saw a modular ivory, badly faded, Trimline over the weekend for 29 bucks.  Insane.

Kenny C

I thought so to i was thinking about telling him that I would give him 10
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

I found a black early-1970s hardwired WE 500 in black for the princely sum of... wait for it... $100.  It wasn't even clean.  Antique dealers are funny.  You'd think they'd know better.
= DARRIN =

AET

There's a black 500 from 1978 here for 49 bucks, and a 302 for 50 bucks.  I said I'd give 35 for the 302, but  no bites.
- Tom

LarryInMichigan

Black 500s appear daily on ebay for under $10, and they can often be found at flea markets, yard/estate sales, and thrift stores.  I don't think that there is any reason to pay $29 for one, unless is is really unusual (like a 1949 model).  Keep looking, and you will likely find one eventually for $1 or two.

Larry

Dan

What larry said, you will get a ton of black ones over the next year or so, if this phone disease continues. You'll even get a litttle picky and go 1958 or older because you like the leather feet
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

like the ITT wall phone I got for $2
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

A lot of times people will give you old phones, because you like old phones.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

Quote from: Jim S. on April 04, 2010, 02:36:42 PM
A lot of times people will give you old phones, because you like old phones.

Jim

my aunt has she gave me a 1959 SC desk set
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

I have been given phones at yard sales.
Last Year  I talked to an old guy about phones. He lived 20 miles out east. He said he would bring in some the next day.
He brought in 6 SC and ITT phones. he gave them to me.

A few years ago a guy dug out a Big Brick cell phone. It appeared unused with the deluxe case, 2 batteries, box and paperwork. He said this was quite expensive, you can have it if you want. The batteries still accept a charge.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.