News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2013 Southern California Show This Saturday!

Started by Adam, May 27, 2013, 11:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Southern California Show

Saturday, June 1, 2013 (NOTE NEW DATE)

The show hours are from 8:00 AM to noon.
Setup starts at 7:30 AM (Table holders only)

Placentia Presbyterian Church
849 N Bradford
Placentia, CA
Located about ½ mile east of I-57, south of Yorba Linda Bl.
Take Yorba Linda offramp, east to Bradford, right ½ mile south to church, just beyond Madison.

Admission $2 - Tables $10 Payable in Advance
Show hosts: Gary Goff & Remco Enthoven

There will be a silent auction at 11:30 AM so bring those items you would like to donate to the clubs or sell for your own benefit.
For more information, contact Gary at 714 528-3561.

In keeping with our charter to educate collectors, please consider bringing one or more of your very favorite telephone items to display on special tables set aside for that purpose. We will have large cards for you to use in identifying your display item.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

I'll be there!  Anyone else here planning on attending?

I will have a few very nice vintage 500 sets, some nice Trimline stuff, lots of parts and junk you can take away with you for ***really cheap*** :-)

Hope to see you there!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

AE_Collector

Hmm, I think it is about a 24 hour drive to LA from Vancouver. I retire Friday 4 PM, show starts Saturday 8 AM.....that's only 16 hours. Can they delay the opening to 4 PM?  Maybe say that Remco's flight was delayed.  :)

Terry

Phonesrfun

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 28, 2013, 12:23:36 AM
Hmm, I think it is about a 24 hour drive to LA from Vancouver. I retire Friday 4 PM, show starts Saturday 8 AM.....that's only 16 hours. Can they delay the opening to 4 PM?  Maybe say that Remco's flight was delayed.  :)

Terry

You could go down Thursday and call in sick Friday.  What are they going to do, fire you?
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Or I could do 95 miles an hour rather than 55 miles an hour, that oughta do it unless I overshoot Placentia and can't find a place to do a U turn before I get to Mexico.

Terry

Russ Kirk

I will be at the SoCal phone show also.  I will have a couple tables set up selling a variety of phones; desk, wall, wood, payphone and some BSPs as well as other items.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

GTE Rick

Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 28, 2013, 12:41:07 AM
Or I could do 95 miles an hour rather than 55 miles an hour, that oughta do it unless I overshoot Placentia and can't find a place to do a U turn before I get to Mexico.

Terry

Or you could just go to Lancaster, where I will be...

teka-bb

Tomorrow the place will be filled with people and phones. Don't miss it! If you can't make it you can watch the pictures that will be uploaded during the day on the show blog:

http://sc-phoneshow-2013.blogspot.com
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 28, 2013, 12:35:25 AM
Quote from: AE_Collector on May 28, 2013, 12:23:36 AM
Hmm, I think it is about a 24 hour drive to LA from Vancouver. I retire Friday 4 PM, show starts Saturday 8 AM.....that's only 16 hours. Can they delay the opening to 4 PM?  Maybe say that Remco's flight was delayed.  :)

Terry

You could go down Thursday and call in sick Friday.  What are they going to do, fire you?

Wouldn't that cut his pension down by 15 cents a day (if he gets fired before retirement)?  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 31, 2013, 07:10:33 PM
Wouldn't that cut his pension down by 15 cents a day (if he gets fired before retirement)?  ??? ??? ???

The thought crossed my mind more than once! What would happen if was fired for something just before retiring! As you said Jorge, a few cents per month less pension BUT, I got a buyout as well which would have gone out the window. Depending on the situation then lawyers could be involved but all round, not the way I would want to finish my career!

Now back to check that Show Blog!

Terry

GTE Rick

MY haul from the show!

AE_Collector

Wow. I see one treasure in particular there! Was it a steal or still pricey but a "must have" for everyone with AE or GTE in their forum handle?

From what I have seen, the coiled handsets on the Very Early Colored AE plastic phones were all black rubber painted the appropriate color. Thus they didn't last too long. Since Colonial Blue was discontinued so early on, they never made a vinyl coil cord in that color thus this one has a black replacement.

Was that table full of colored AE's that Remco posted in the Show Blog a display or were they for sale?

I like the Red GPO set as well. It's a beauty.

Terry

GTE Rick

The phone is "Factory Painted" and a Steal at $40.  If you are talking about the tabe with the colored AE40s & 50's i don't think they were for sale.

I had picked up the red 50 to show my partner how it looks upright and Gary G said you have about $2500 in your hands... I gently put it back and we backed away from the table very carefully!

AE_Collector

Yes the 40's 50's, an Ivory 34 and one or two 1A's. I didn't see any prices so assumed it was a display though in many cases everything is 'for sale" for the right price!

A well painted Colonial Blue AE 80 should be worth $40 to display along with al lthe other colors. I am lucky to have an original though as I mentioned in my previous post, it has a painted black rubber coil cord that is disentegrating now.

Terry