News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I got a Cord Switchboard today

Started by Jim Stettler, May 03, 2010, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Here is one of the photos of the switchboard. This is a heavy board, a "short" 555 weighs over 350 pounds. this board is tall and loaded and easily over 600 pounds, 800 pounds wouldn't surprise me.

If anyone is interested in owning it, there is a collector that is an independant trucker. I can find his contact info and check a price for transporting. He will usually move heavy phone stuff for a bit over cost. Transport time depends on his scedule.
It is a really nice board,
I will check around and find out some specifices and see about getting it fired up over the summer. I think the only part that is lacking is a 20pps dial and dial turrent. Both items I bought as a unit at the lyons show on the chance that I would need them for this board. So I beleive this is a compleate set-up. I can get online technical support from Fred Haynes. I am sur he would support the next owner or anyone that needs help firing up a switchboard.

I can only keep this board in the garage for a short period of time. My wife doesn't want me to move it downstairs (A smaller project than she thinks,). If I move it downstairs it will be a large project to bring it back upstairs for shipping. If you have the slightest interest in obtaining this board let me know real soon.

It doesn't hurt to explore the logists and costs of getting it moved. If you have been wanting a switchboard for your collection this can be a great oportunity.

This is a really nice board, if you are in the market for a switchboard.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

BTW the dark spots are empty name tags, I think I have  have an operators headset that is appropriate.
The trucker I mentioned is out of the Pacific northwest and he sometimes hauls large audiochrons (talking time clocks) to shows.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

A fair price on a switchboard to your door is $350-500 . This is a nice board and is worth $500 to your door. 

If you are interested I can check shipping cost to your location. It is a very sweet board.  If you have interest in a switchboard this is probably going to be your best bang for the buck. As far as what I will sell the board for, that is up in the air, I am valuing it at $350.00 - shipping cost.  and I am open to trades and negotiation on the cost over shipping.

I feel obligated to treat the collector/trucker to dinner and some micro-brews so the baseline is shipping + $50.00. I wouldn't mind getting my $175.00 over that to cover my out out of pocket for the board, dial/turrent and operators headset. However cost over shipping + $50.00 are negotiable, and I am easy to deal with. The $350-500 range (delivered to your site)  is the max limit I want to see from this board

If it makes it's way to my basement it will probably be kept.

Just something to think about, If you are wanting a really nice switchboard.
Jim
You live, You learn,