News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlestick phone made by American Telecommunications Corporation 1973

Started by MMikeJBenN27, October 21, 2017, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for these?  They were issued by Ma Bell in the 70s, but were not actually made by Western Electric.  They have an AE mini network inside.

paul-f

Quote from: MMikeJBenN on October 21, 2017, 04:30:54 PM
Does anybody have a wiring diagram for these?  They were issued by Ma Bell in the 70s, but were not actually made by Western Electric.  They have an AE mini network inside.

ATC/DecoTel made the housings and provided internals for some independent phone companies. The Bell System and AE preferred to install their own components.

The Western Electric version is documented here:
   http://www.paul-f.com/weDesignLine.html#Stick

The referenced BSP, 503-200-109, can be found in the TCI Library.
  www.telephonecollectors.info

Several wiring diagrams using other components can be found by browsing to the Technical Library section and looking in the ATC folder.

The AE mini network may have been installed by a collector, so you may want to go to the documentation on AE mini networks in the TCI Library for wiring suggestions.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

Before ATC made them they were made overseas...(Tiawain, I think...) anyway, I was given one that was a bell system upgrade and the phone works good, but the audio sucks.... I get a good receiver signal but trying to talk.... its no wonder the had to invent the 300 series.... the person on the other end could hardly hear you!
John