News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

UPS Shipping Damage

Started by Fabius, April 27, 2014, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

I received an expensive phone at the UPS distribution center and the box showed damage. I took a picture, which the UPS guy don't like me doing,  to prove the condition box was received in. Luckily the box was double boxed with lots of bubble wrap and foam peanuts. No damage to phone. The moral of the story is take a picture if you can with the delivery guy in it if you see damage.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WesternElectricBen

Good idea, usually I will record a video of me removing the phone/item from the sealed box to show if it was destroyed. If it was, you have proof, and if not, you can throw away the video.

Ben

TelePlay

Tom,

If you haven't already seen this topic, it's a 5 year thread of bad things that happened to phones during shipment. I'd say enjoy it but it's not a very enjoyable, long running story.

Fabius

Quote from: TelePlay on April 27, 2014, 01:55:13 PM
Tom,

If you haven't already seen this topic, it's a 5 year thread of bad things that happened to phones during shipment. I'd say enjoy it but it's not a very enjoyable, long running story.

Thanks for pointing out that topic. I had not seen it.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Quote from: Fabius on April 27, 2014, 05:46:46 PM
Thanks for pointing out that topic. I had not seem it.

A few weeks ago, I went through all 26 or 27 pages of that topic and pulled one or two photos of each damaged phone posted and put the collection up on our photo depository site.

A word of caution, be sure to sit down before you click on this link . . .   :-\

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Matilo Telephones

Very good jog teleplay. Luckily I was sitting down and already had my morning coffee.  :)

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones