News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC/Deco-Tel Model Codes

Started by 302lover, June 10, 2011, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

302lover

I have found some new informtion on ATC model codes... The information primarily regards a "Customer Identifier" code I found that didn't appear in my literature, but I found on an Antique White Cradlephone from Rochester Tel. Co w. Stromberg internals.

The code read DSR-1320W; The "S" meaning Stromberg internals were supplied, and the "R" referring to Rochester Tel. Co.

Also, on some ATC sets, "E" for ebony {a.ka.: black}was used in place of "W" as the accent color identifier suffix letter.

Also, I've noticed that when a series of sets; (Such as the marble or brocade panel cradlephones) are listed, the model number will end in a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
according to how many variations there are of it. I haven't completely worked out the model code setup ATC used, but hope info. from others will fill in blanks. If anyone finds this useful, let me know.

RotoTech99

Dear 302lover:

I have noticed on ATC Empress sets with WE Internals use "N" as the component code after the dial code letter. e.g.: TN-5301W

The set will often also have WE decals with Bell System serial or registration numbers, or one of the "881" or similar codes.

I think this could've applied to other sets ATC supplied to WE as well, but the ATC model label was often covered over with the WE label markings.

Rototech99