News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay 290455187906 SC Fatboy

Started by Doug Rose, July 17, 2010, 03:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Nice price if you don't have one. " GREAT CONDITION. HAD IT HOOKED UP. WORKS GREAT. YOU CAN EVEN USE THE HOOK SWITCH TO DIAL OUT." Let me know how that works out.....Doug

Kidphone

Kenny C

you can dial with these but it extremely hard you have to , say if you are dialing 5 then four  you will hit the hookswitch 5 times wait 1/2 a second and press it four times and so on and so on
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Kidphone

HarrySmith

Is there something different in the hookswitch to do that? It does not work with a 500 :(
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

Quote from: Kidphone on July 17, 2010, 04:18:09 PM
Ever get a right number?
not in this lifetime  ;) it extremely hard to do i aways dial over by one every time

I have tried it on a 500 and it worked but i didn't dial out it just gave me a realy fast busy signal
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

I can't imagine it ever working....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

i think it would be alot simpler with a dial
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on July 17, 2010, 04:26:46 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on July 17, 2010, 04:18:09 PM
Ever get a right number?
not in this lifetime  ;) it extremely hard to do i aways dial over by one every time

I have tried it on a 500 and it worked but i didn't dial out it just gave me a really fast busy signal

Can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a 500.

I used to be able to do it but haven't practised for a long time. I think that everyone figures that 10 PPS is horendously quick so they go like crazy when hook switch dialing. In actual fact, it isn't that hard to do and you can go slower than you think. Of course when I did it in the past I only had to get through 7 digits, now we use 10.

Terry

Russ Kirk

When I was a kid  my Dad locked the telephone with one of those dial locks that were placed on the (1) finger hole.   I showed my sister how call her friends by tapping the switchhooks for each number.

It still works to this day.  I just called information (411) using my trusty finger.

Russ.....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI