News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What a fab Birthday gift (photo)

Started by FABphones, February 20, 2018, 09:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

I have a birthday coming up soon and have just received an email to say this is now mine. Still with it's original wrapping.

'A lovely, mint condition ivory colour 711 wall telephone. Made by GEC for the Post Office in 1964: coded 711L C64/1. Never issued or installed. It is as clean and fresh as the day it left GEC's factory'.

Am I lucky or what. Soooooooo xcited - had to share!

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

twocvbloke

Very nice catch indeed, it's always nice to get a new & unused example... :)

AE_Collector

Obtaining a brand new light coloured phone saves you from all the discolouration problems it would have if it had been attached to a wall for 50 years.

Was it common for 700 series phones to come with the matching coloured finger wheels like this one rather than chrome or clear Plastic?

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 20, 2018, 10:32:10 AMWas it common for 700 series phones to come with the matching coloured finger wheels like this one rather than chrome or clear Plastic?

Terry

The earlier 700 series it was, it probably cost more for them to have the colour-matching parts which resulted in the default satin silver number plate and clear fingerwheels of later models... :)

Hotline

Well done FabPhones, I saw your phone on eBay the other day and was tempted to buy it myself, but I don't have a wall suitable to mount it on.

I hope you enjoy it  :)

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Nice! It is always great to find NOS examples, it does not happen often! Congrats on a fantastic birthday gift! Did you buy it for yourself?

PS-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

FABphones

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 20, 2018, 01:33:20 PM
Nice! It is always great to find NOS examples, it does not happen often! Congrats on a fantastic birthday gift! Did you buy it for yourself?

PS-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

Aw, thanks  :)   My birthday will be a happy one when this arrives! It is a pressie bought for me.

*To buy for myself, I'm on the lookout for a couple of 554's and a Princess phone, but they are not so easy to find in the UK.
Lots on eBay (US) but sellers don't seem to want to ship to the UK.   :(
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble