and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Test Image - Test

Started by Dennis Markham, April 13, 2022, 09:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

This is a test.  Photo Image size is 1672 X 1254 kb

Dennis Markham

To add photos, similar to before upgrade.

Click on attachments,
drag and drop image to the area provided.  Click "upload".

When green bar has populated either add another attachment or if complete, click upload, then"Post".  Same for reply (such as this one).  This is a reply to my original post.

The maximum allowable size is 61,440 kb per post.  Maximum number of photos per post is 6.

Dennis

TelePlay

Just discovered that there is a "Quick Reply" box (which does not allow attachments), there is a box that says "User actions" and if clicked on opens a menu with "Reply." Clicking on "Reply" replaced the Quick Reply box with a "full" reply box which has the "attachment" option to add images.

New user error.

paul-f

I tried using the Insert option. The image was inserted with text, but also still appears as an attachment. Seems redundant.
Turret_2_Position_1-2.png 

If deleted as an attachment, the inline copy is deleted also.

Attempting to preview the post with inline photo fails. A message in the Preview post box states "Fetching preview..." but no preview is produced.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

TelePlay

Paul,

I do believe the inline image to be an "externally linked" image, the "new features" stated by SMF include a drag and drop image insertion.

But as we learned with externally linked images from Photobucket, Picasso and other image hosting sites, the external image disappears when the external image changes.

In the past, I have placed images within the text by first attaching them and the editing the reply to link the attached to within the text. That way the attached image was always going to be there and the in-text image would never go away.

Seems SMF made the process a one step process automatically attaching an inline image to the reply to make sure it never goes away, unless the attachment is itself deleted.

It's a very nice new feature that will greatly help anyone when posting a complex step by step reply - easily puts an image on the text where it is being described.