"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Jefferson Golden Minute

Started by Doug Rose, June 13, 2023, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is the smaller one, gold plate great cosmetic shape....doesn't work

Sounds like it is working but the glass is not rotating. Any tips?

Looks great!...Doug

Kidphone

magicbrain

Doug,
Probably the motor/gearbox is worn out, $$$$ if they are still available.
Anyway, check out this site - Everything you could ever want to know about these Jefferson clocks.
http://www.roger-russell.com/jeffers/jeffers.htm
Bruce

Doug Rose

Quote from: magicbrain on June 13, 2023, 03:22:04 PMDoug,
Probably the motor/gearbox is worn out, $$$$ if they are still available.
Anyway, check out this site - Everything you could ever want to know about these Jefferson clocks.
http://www.roger-russell.com/jeffers/jeffers.htm
thanks for the info my friend...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Those are really cool clocks! I like them a lot  ;D
Nice find!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

Doug, I've had several of these but the larger ones, sometimes the band of teeth comes loose from the glass and it has to be adhered back on. You see there is a band of steel with teeth on it that is attacked to the edge of the glass disk that makes contact with a gear that turns the glass.  I would assume theses are made the same as the  "Golden Hours" are.

Doug Rose

Thanks Harry and Ron. I too have had a larger one, never the desirable small one. Gold plate is in great shape.

Ron....I will play with it and see what I can do. These are very special....Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 13, 2023, 08:53:17 PMThanks Harry and Ron. I too have had a larger one, never the desirable small one. Gold plate is in great shape.

Ron....I will play with it and see what I can do. These are very special....Doug
Yes they are, I wish I had just one of mine back, but ya can't tak'em with ya, LOL!

19and41

My grandparents had one of those and it would stop from time to time and my grandfather would work and work on it and get it to run for a while.  It finally wore out completely, but they liked it's looks so much they kept it sitting on the television.  To it's credit, it still gave accurate time twice a day.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke