"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

old Danish phone

Started by long jumper, August 15, 2022, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

This model with dial from 1930s.
Trying to zoom in on the dated (?) component: 46 - 44   ??

Anything written on the rear of dial?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

The ones I worked on had a snap ring holding the retainer on. Not sure about yours. Maybe a closeup of the center would help?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

tubaman

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 17, 2022, 02:07:36 PMThe ones I worked on had a snap ring holding the retainer on. Not sure about yours. Maybe a closeup of the center would help?

It should have a snap ring but they are often missing and just have a slightly oversized window that you prise out.
You can see it if you zoom into @dsk photo in post #7 - the join is between 9 and 0.

long jumper

Thanks again to all you for all your input found where snap ring opening is.  I will check for date on dial at a later time all your help has been much appreciated.

long jumper

Quote from: long jumper on August 17, 2022, 11:16:31 AMNice phone Tubaman. Just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some info on how to change dial card, also find a date on phone. would really like to figure out how old this could be. Any help appreciated

long jumper

Just got around to removing dial card. Would like to remove finger wheel but afraid to mess up spring tension. Any help appreciated,also where can I get dial cards for this phone

long jumper

Going to try send a pic of finger wheel

tubaman

You can safely remove the centre screw and take off the finger wheel without loosing the spring tension. Removing the finger stop (two small screws on back) makes it slightly easier but isn't usually necessary.

If you just want a simple 'KTAS' card then I've attached a scan I did for one of mine some years ago. It's not perfect but is ok for display purposes.

long jumper

Thanks again Tubaman cleaned finger wheel and dial bezel,gave outside a good cleaning. My next project on this phone would be to try to get the counter working. I saw on previous post some wiring diagrams and components to make counter work but will need some help to figure out what to do on this phone any help appreciated

long jumper

Does anyone know how to make the call counter work on this phone? If so any help appreciated.

long jumper

Opened up phone phone today before putting cover back. Accendently bumped hammer on ringer now can't get it to ring. Also noticed only one spring on Clapper,Tried to adjust screw for hammer but no luck vibrates like soft ring.Will post picture. Please help

tubaman

Just opened-up my one to take a look for you. The clapper should sit against the red fibre piece, which also gives some adjustment. You can see the witness mark on your fibre piece where it was screwed down. If you've moved the screws on the ringer itself then I would put them back where they were if possible as they will not have moved by you removing the case. What's more likely is that you have bent the clapper arm slightly, and that should be easy to gently bend back.
Mine doesn't have a spring and I'm not sure it's supposed to have one. I wonder if it's been added during refurb as an anti-tinkle measure? Perhaps another member with one of these could check please.
I

long jumper

First thanks to dsk for Sharing link for counter on phone to work. Haven't got any components yet. Maybe will check back when I start.Also thanks to Tubaman for Sharing photo of your phone it was helpful,someone had put a spring between Clapper and back of ringer to keep Clapper in place. I took back of ringer apart,put Clapper in place tightened pivot screws re installed works great. Some time later I will attempt to get the counter working

long jumper

I am going to try to get some parts for my D08 antique phone.
 I just want to know the voltage values for the resistor and the zener diode. So I can get the  call counter to work. Any help would be appreciated