News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1955 Oxford Gray 565 BBR-3 -52 now on ebay and to members

Started by allnumbedup, February 06, 2023, 03:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allnumbedup

One of the three phones recently discussed in this forum Oxford Gray 556B in my collection until I pack it up for sale:

It is now on ebay: ebay link

thanks JC
Analog Phones for a Digital World

kleenax

You know, I am pretty sure you would be VERY happy with the results of a (new) auction for that Dark Gray 565B if you would start IT at something like $9.99 with no reserve. You certainly wouldn't be disappointed I don't think. Especially since it's WE. Unless of course you paid more than $500 for it!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

allnumbedup

allnumbedup

This phone has a new home, sold yesterday on ebay. 

RDPipes

Quote from: allnumbedup on July 26, 2023, 02:22:04 PMThis phone has a new home, sold yesterday on ebay. 

About time, you've got more patience then me. LOL!

allnumbedup

Really not a hardship! I do not have a 'phone room' for my collection only a workshop. So I have three places I display phones in my house and rotate my newest pet project, current favorite  or best acquisition to its place of honor periodically. So I was very happy to have this one to look at a little long than I had planned.

RDPipes

Quote from: allnumbedup on August 02, 2023, 05:17:03 PMReally not a hardship! I do not have a 'phone room' for my collection only a workshop. So I have three places I display phones in my house and rotate my newest pet project, current favorite  or best acquisition to its place of honor periodically. So I was very happy to have this one to look at a little long than I had planned.

I have the same problem, I have a book case and a counter that I display my desk sets on and I have to
rotate phones, keeping some and selling some when new ones come in. Of course the hardest to find are kept the longest and sell off the not rare. So my collection pretty much stays the same size from 20 to 26 phones at one time. But, its getting harder to part with any as time goes on.

tubaman

Quote from: RDPipes on August 02, 2023, 05:44:10 PMI have the same problem, I have a book case and a counter that I display my desk sets on and I have to
rotate phones, keeping some and selling some when new ones come in. Of course the hardest to find are kept the longest and sell off the not rare. So my collection pretty much stays the same size from 20 to 26 phones at one time. But, its getting harder to part with any as time goes on.

I remember when I only had 20 or so phones and tried to do that. I now have about 120 and a spare room that has a double bed covered in them! I recently managed to sell three but it was very hard as I love every one of them.
 ::)

RDPipes

Quote from: tubaman on August 03, 2023, 03:20:29 AMI remember when I only had 20 or so phones and tried to do that. I now have about 120 and a spare room that has a double bed covered in them! I recently managed to sell three but it was very hard as I love every one of them.
 ::)

I remember when I collected small appliances from the teens to the 40's I had a room dedicated to them but, I had a little money back then, LOL! And I certainly understand the attachment one gets to things but, in my case if I don't sell one or two I can't afford the next one.