News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Poison Green" phone resurfaces - again.

Started by Greg G., December 26, 2010, 03:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

They post this about once every 4-5 months or so, but still won't come down in price.  Still too far for me to travel even if it was cheap.  Well, maybe if it was a steal and I kept going south to visit my poor ol' Ma.

I'm "Mr. Helpful" in this case, they added the word "hardwired" after I sent them a couple of pictures of a hardwired phone and a modular phone.  They used to have a better picture of it, and they still won't say what the manufacture date is, even after I spelled it out where to find it!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/2127882714.html ( dead link 04-19-21 )

Quotema bell poison green phone - $77 (saint helens)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-12-23, 10:41PM PST
Reply to: sale-2qbnj-2127882714@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ma bell poison green rotary phone hardwired still in great working and usable condition...........very much wanted by all who encounter it.........make me an offer..........

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2127882714

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan

I am going to guess it is a 1972-77 Stromberg-Carlson in Lime Green. I just got one!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

GG

There were also touchtone sets in that color, and in bright orange.   There seem to have been more "poison green" ones showing up lately, going for @ $50.   BT made the Viscount in that color as well, looks like science fiction:-)

1970s- through the 1980s from what I recall when these were current (or available as inexpensive refurbs from indie refurb houses). 

Greg G.

...and again.  Every couple of years it shows up.  I contacted them again since I'm heading down that way and they're not to far off the beaten path.  But I told them I couldn't give them the asking price because of the distorted cord, but wanted to take a closer look and offer a fair price.  No response, I give up, they can keep it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

It's funny that they say "Very much wanted by all who encounter it", if that was the case, why haven't they sold it after two years? :D

Noticing the mention of the green BT Viscount, yeah, I want one of those... ;D