News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NIB Rotary Trimline

Started by Stormcrash, January 19, 2019, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormcrash

Had another lucky eBay find for a new in box retail Western Electric Trimline.  It's an Ivory Rotary table model.  For $36 I think I made out pretty well.  This is the same seller I got a pair of NOS 85/86 AT&T trimlines, the last model made in the USA, back in November.

It should be here in a couple days, but I've pulled some of the pictures from the auction.  Love the text talking about how now you can own your phone.  I'll put more pictures up once it gets here.  Now I just need a rotary to tone adapter to work with my Obi 200 GV line.

AL_as_needed

I like how they show the touch-tone version and just slapped a "rotary model" sticker in the corner. Nice find for 35$!
TWinbrook7

Stormcrash

Quote from: AL_as_needed on January 19, 2019, 05:24:33 PM
I like how they show the touch-tone version and just slapped a "rotary model" sticker in the corner. Nice find for 35$!

Yeah I guess they wanted the box art to show the more modern/up to date touch tone version

AL_as_needed

Ma-Bell's way of sucking you in and handing over that coin for the hook-up.
TWinbrook7

Stormcrash

My Trimline arrived today!

It's very nice looking.  The dial is maybe a little slow, though after 30+ years in a box I don't blame it, and it seems to be mostly right after a couple pulls.  The handset cord was gunky so it's soaking in warm water and soap, and the Trimline badge seems to have yellowed slightly but otherwise its pristine.

Interestingly it has some AT&T branding on it, specifically on the number card, instruction manual, and service sticker underneath, even though it was made in early 1983 (date code 837).  The western electric name and bell logo are also removed from the bottom of the handset, where on CS units had the not for sale marks.  Meanwhile a touch tone wall Trimline I got from Goodwill and made 83243 still has those bell handset markings and an American Bell service sticker.

Stormcrash

A few more pictures

Be Choosey, get Genuine Bell  ;)

RB

AL_as_needed

Nothing like that preserved new-phone smell.
TWinbrook7

Scott

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Scott K.