News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - July 2015

Started by AE_Collector, June 28, 2015, 11:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - July 2015    **** Vote for ONE ****

TelePlay's all original 1939 H1 302 with 1937 E1 handset and cloth cords for $33.11
14 (56%)
WEBellSystemChristian's 1956 Rose Beige WE500 for $38 plus shipping from Craigslist
4 (16%)
compubit's Red 10-button Trimline (1220A/AD1) with red line cord $10 at an antique mall
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

TelePlay

Okay, I'll go first. Kind of nice in that I don't find that many phones worthy of being nominated. But this one is nice. I post the info on the phone at

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14624.0

and, yes, it is as shiny as it looks in the photos and that is the way I found it in an antique store I was driving by in my work truck today. Paid a total of $33.11 for the phone plus sales tax.

It's an all original 1939 H1 302 with a 1937 E1 handset and perfect cloth cords. Other than a few small paint chips on the ears, this looks like a NOS phone. The pictures at the above link show the phone in detail.

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my 1956 Rose Beige WE500 that I got for $38 plus shipping from Craigslist. All dates are within 1956, and no dates travel further than 11-56. I'm really proud of this one!

Previous topic where it was mentioned here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14609.0
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

I'll nominate my 1921 Bell Telephone of Pennsylvania hubcap porcelain sign in excellent condition. Found on eBay $107 + $9 shipping. Scarce Bell company to find on a hubcap.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

electric al

My find of the month !

Flea Market  .....    $ 5.00.

In very good condition !
Never met a phone I didn't like !

I guess I'll throw my Phone Book into the ring. Paid $30.00 CDN locally.
Not in bad shape for a 78 year old telephone book. Some great ad's with pictures in it as well.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14646.0

compubit

This month's entry - don't see many opportunities for the rest of the month...

Red 10-button Trimline Desk Phone (1220A/AD1) with red line cord.

Paid $10 at an antique mall.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

NorthernElectric

I'll get in this month with the AE40 I bought at an antique show last weekend.  I paid $25 C for it (about $19 US at today's exchange rates).  I probably used about $15 C worth of gas to get to the show and back, but also bought a Telechron 4F69 clock, so let's call the shipping cost about $7.50 C.  I posted about this earlier here.

Despite my forum handle, I am not stuck on one brand as this is my 3rd AE phone.  I don't see very many of these in my neck of the woods and the couple that I have seen were overpriced, so I was happy to spot this one at the show.  This is a Canadian phone, made in Brockville, Ontario and I find that appealing too.  I currently have it connected to my line and made my 1st call with it this morning.

PS.  I spent the last 2-1/2 hours making a number card for it so have added a 3rd photo.
Cliff

AE_Collector

Time to vote for July's Find of the Month. There are 7 contestants this month so vote for your favorite TWO.

Terry

AE_Collector

What the....for crying out loud, got busy today and finally had time to jump in and declare the winner. But who is the winner...a three way tie.

So, a three way run off to solve it. Thirty Three voters the first time around, three days to vote this time and three contestants. But only ONE vote this time.

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, we are out of time. We lost a few voters with only 25 run-off voters instead of then original 33 voters. This time instead of a 3 way tie the decision was quite decisive. Teleplay and his 1937 302 has cleaned up. I expected a closer competition than what it turned out to be but I guess that is how it goes sometimes.

Teleplay won a Find of the Month contest back in 2012 but now he has won two of them in 2015 alone and we are only just over half way through the year! Keep scouring the antique shops and thrift stores John, if you get one more you will be tied up with LarryinMichigan who won three of the contests in 2014.

Congratulations to John and to WEBellSystemChristian as well as compubit for their outstanding finds and to all of the competitors from the first round as well.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Congratulations John! You definitely deserved it this month!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on August 13, 2015, 01:31:50 AM
Congratulations John! You definitely deserved it this month!

Thank you Christian, and Terry,

Three worthy phones in the run off, three different styles, different types of phones, any of which is/was a great find for the past month. And a big thanks to all who voted for my E1/302 in both the run up and the run off polls. It is much appreciated.

On to August . . .