3 (15.8%)
dsk's first AE 40 for $9.99 on ebaY
3 (15.8%)
Tom B's Concorde Blue GPO 706 £19.99 and postage
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

AE_Collector

AE 34 1934 to 1939 approximately.

A little boxier looking than the 40, the type 38 rather than type 41 handset, a single plunger in the centre of the cradle rather than two, one cord exit hole in the centre of the back for both cords rather than one cord on each back corner.

I see that the type 41 handset on the AE40 has either black painted brass bands on the caps OR the bakelite caps that are grooved to mimick the look of the bands on the AE 34. These are fairly rare on a 40.

Terry

HowardPgh

The 40 has the grooved bakelite caps. It also has a black felt bottom and a swing up carrying handle. I would be afraid to carry the phone with that handle.
Howard
Howard

dsk

It came today :D
Some cleaning is needed, the rubber band/rim ?? is quite hard, but in one piece. No cracks etc. Missing some paint around the plungers, and rewired with spiral cord?  The handset caps was hard to unscrew, but with the hairdrier to help me, its solved.  I turned the bells so the clapper could hit, but not rest against the bells. Then I did put on a Norwegian 3 prong jack. Green and yellow to ring, and red to tip, and tested. It works perfect! Rings load, and it seems like the anti sidetone is among the best I have heard (or actually not heard  ;)  )
I'm happy :D

By the way how may I date this one?
The transmitter capsule is stamped D-38309-A and CU and A.E.CO.  41
The receiver: D-5189-A and CU and A.E.CO. and TYPE41 and it is an H stamped into the metal.

dsk

Tom B

I'd like to throw in my recent purchase, for the low sum of £19.99 and postage, of this mint condition Concorde Blue GPO 706. They really are hard to find in this condition. Struck lucky again ;)
Tom

AE40FAN

Tom I am jealous of your Med Blue 500!

Tom B

Cheers!
I have to admit the Med Blue is a beauty too :D
Tom

AE_Collector

Okay, it's the BIG ELECTION DAY. I am back from my holiday. Don't forget to vote for your favorite phone today. Heck lets give everyone 2 votes again this month. Just think how interesting the US Presidential Election might be if everyone got 2 votes!

Terry

AE_Collector

Well that's it for Octobers Find of the Month. Ray (Kleenax) has cleaned up again this month though he had some good competition from everyone, most natably Vern & Dave.

Nice going Ray! Anything new about this find?

Everyone get your Finds of the Month in for November.

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_collector on November 16, 2012, 09:32:30 PM

Everyone get yuor Find of the Month in for November.

Terry

Hey Terry;  nothing new other than he told me the last time that we talked (last week), and I asked him if we still had a deal on the phones that he "needed the room in the barn", so yes we had a deal on the phones. Trouble is, when I persisted, he said that he was "tied up most of November", so it would be awhile before I could start packing them.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

kleenax

Quote from: kleenax on November 18, 2012, 10:23:39 PM
Quote from: AE_collector on November 16, 2012, 09:32:30 PM

Everyone get yuor Find of the Month in for November.

Terry

Hey Terry;  nothing new other than he told me the last time that we talked (last week), and I asked him if we still had a deal on the phones that he "needed the room in the barn", so yes we had a deal on the phones. Trouble is, when I persisted, he said that he was "tied up most of November", so it would be awhile before I could start packing them.

Hey Terry;

the gentleman that owns the barn O' phones called me today and said that it should be NEXT WEEK that he will give me a call to come over and start "loading phones"! Holy Cow that is some seriously exciting news!  What a Christmas I'll have! ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Yes, sounds like fun! Sound like a trip to John Iskierka's. Is he still sitting on that "mobile 18 wheeler hoard of phones"?

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_collector on November 26, 2012, 10:31:58 PM
Yes, sounds like fun! Sound like a trip to John Iskierka's. Is he still sitting on that "mobile 18 wheeler hoard of phones"?

Terry
As far as I know he still has all of that stuff up there in Minnesota, yeah. (see photo)

Haven't heard from him or Val in a couple of years though. I see he still lists a few things on eBay once in awhile.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Ray...whatever happened to the huge stash of phones you found a couple of years ago?  I had never seen that many phones in one place. Great phones!! I have never seen anything for sale from you.  Did you turn them over privately? It was quite a haul....thanks,.....Doug
Kidphone