"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Allow myself to introduce... myself

Started by jpbales, March 31, 2019, 10:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpbales

Hello all,
My name is Jim and I'm an ameture telephone junkie. I'm 30 years old and I'm in the Marines. I've always been drawn towards the classic styles and designs of the mid 20th century. I am fascinated by the electrical-mechanical solutions they came up with and implemented across America until digital communications came to be.

I think my telephone interest started a few years ago when I thought it would be neat to have a rotary phone, especially at my desk at work. It went from interest, to research, to purchase, to restoration! I love working with my hands and building things, and restoration checks those boxes. It's also a more fun and budget-friendly way to collect, which is important when your wife doesn't understand your hobbies!

My family just moved back to the states from overseas and I'm getting back into the hobby, which is why I've started posting lately. I really appreciate the passion you guys have for telephones and thank you for running this forum!
-Jim

Devansphones

Nice Austin Powers reference.
~Devan

HarrySmith

Welcome. Thank you for your service. Enjoy the forum, a bunch of experience & knowledge here with guys whio love to help. Also, we LOVE pictures!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Welcome to the Forum!

I second, thank you for your service. It is appreciated....Doug
Kidphone

RB

And, a Third Thank you...
and welcome!

Key2871

Welcome Jim, glad to have you join us this is a great place to learn more about old phones.
Semperphi , my dad was also a Marine. Thanks for your service.
KEN

Dan/Panther

Welcome to our world.
Thank you for your service.
The title of your thread has a catchy phrase, would make good lyrics for a tune.
Are you by any chance "a man of wealth and fame" ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Welcome to CRPF Jim.

dsk

oldguy

Welcome to the forum & the sickness😀😜 And again thank you for your service.
Gary