News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

Started by Doug Rose, February 07, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

It's always fun to see your wonderful phone collection, Doug.  Fantastic!

By the way...I'm still waiting to see a  picture of the puzzle all put together..........

~Dennis

WEBellSystemChristian

I just had a thought...

How much do you think those walls weigh right now? :o

Fantastic collection, Doug! I wish we had a 360° view of the room. I still get confused about what part of the room is what.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Quote from: RotarDad on January 26, 2018, 04:02:11 PM
Doug - Always appreciate seeing the updates!  Nice variety, arrangement, and cleanliness!!  Two items:

1) I see your new rose manual 302, taking the place of a red manual 302, leading me to guess the red one was painted.  True?

2) I can't find your stock exchange turret phone....  Is it there somewhere?
Paul.  I still have the turret phone, next to the VO mirror on right. The red Manual  was painted and I still have it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 26, 2018, 06:17:53 PM
It's always fun to see your wonderful phone collection, Doug.  Fantastic!

By the way...I'm still waiting to see a  picture of the puzzle all put together..........

~Dennis
Den...I still have the puzzle, I will open it and have my grand kids assemble it.  One of the nicest gifts I have ever received...many thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on January 26, 2018, 06:48:57 PM
I just had a thought...

How much do you think those walls weigh right now? :o

Fantastic collection, Doug! I wish we had a 360° view of the room. I still get confused about what part of the room is what.
Christian ...pics going in order around the room from first pic to the right....Doug
Kidphone

compubit

Love the pictures - it's giving me some ideas for how to display my phone "subcollections": Princesses in Color, Trimlines in Color, 564/565s in Color, and the "White Collection" - about 50 different models, all in white (or a could of cases antique white).  I'm also working on a wall display for 554/1554/2554s in color to hang on a wall

Ideally, I'd like to hook up some of the subcollections with a Panasonic 624 or two...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector

Quote from: compubit on January 26, 2018, 07:47:53 PM
Ideally, I'd like to hook up some of the subcollections with a Panasonic 624 or two...

Jim

I can help you out with that Jim. 400 Line Hitachi crossbar PBX.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2124.msg34273#msg34273

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 26, 2018, 07:38:17 PM
Christian ...pics going in order around the room from first pic to the right....Doug
Christian.....when we redid the house in 2001 this room was constructed to display telephones.  The original shelves were built by a carpenter. Extra beams in the wall to distribute the weight.  I don't think anyone in 2001 thought it would look like it does now....including me!  8)
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Somes new Telephones, some off to other collections. This is a labor of love!!...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Amazing!
Makes my collection of about 100 phones seem rather small!
;D

Butch Harlow

Dude! You have a problem! A wonderful problem, one I am trying hard to have myself.
Butch Harlow

Pourme

Quote from: tubaman on January 27, 2019, 01:09:47 PM
Amazing!
Makes my collection of about 100 phones seem rather small!
;D

My exact thought!.....Every time I see those pictures, I love!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Thanks folks...it is my last stop for about an hour every night befor I call it a day.  My own little slice of heaven. As my 3 year old granddaughter says....."MINE.".. 8).....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Yaoza, that's a lot of communication in there.
Very impressive collection, and a recliner right in there so you can sit and bask in the glory of all those phone's!
That's a LOT of dusting, that must be a full time job all in its self.
KEN

oldguy

That's a labor of love. I agree about the dusting :)
Gary