News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Barn Fresh Telephones

Started by TelePlay, December 20, 2015, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is my Barn Fresh Find 1946 NE Metal 302 when I got it in sad shape back in July 2015.
Some before and after shots. Refurb by fellow member Jeff Lamb.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14673.0

Doug

WEBellSystemChristian

Here was a soft Red 500 I found awhile back. It was the first phone I have ever found where the mold was actually etched into the plastic! I think it was only growing on the receiver cap because of skin oils left over when it was put into storage. Wherever it was stored, it wasn't exactly kept dry...

A little Clorox and polish later, it didn't turn out too badly...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

slimjim

I think that this would fall into this category. comes with It's very own spider house. On Ebay under antique telephone.
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

slimjim

Pic 2
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

TelePlay

What can one say? ( head shake ) Rare white with corner crack . . .  okay . . .

The seller said " TRUE VINTAGE - WESTERN ELECTRIC SOLID METAL - HEAVY TELEPHONE - WHITE BASE WITH BLACK RECEIVER - MISSING THE MOUTH COVER - CRACK IN THE FRONT RIGHT CORNER - UNTESTED - SHIPS QUICKLY & CAREFULLY FROM USA"

Certainly barn fresh, with issues . . .

HarrySmith

First time I have seen a "metal" phone with a corner crack!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

....and they wanted how much??? in that condition, I wouldn't even offer $25.00!
John

andre_janew

I know aluminum can be welded.  I'm not sure about zinc . . .

Babybearjs

heres the one sargeguy sold me.... it now works....
John

TelePlay

Quote from: TelePlay on January 26, 2016, 12:03:46 AM
What can one say? ( head shake ) Rare white with corner crack . . .  okay . . .

The seller said " TRUE VINTAGE - WESTERN ELECTRIC SOLID METAL - HEAVY TELEPHONE - WHITE BASE WITH BLACK RECEIVER - MISSING THE MOUTH COVER - CRACK IN THE FRONT RIGHT CORNER - UNTESTED - SHIPS QUICKLY & CAREFULLY FROM USA"

The seller has marked it down to $133.49

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361476824300

with $14.95 shipping.

I made the seller a very generous offer of $5.05 to make it a total of $20 to my doorstep. The offer was rejected. It's still listed but the sale price will expire in a bit more than a day so the price will go back up to it's original $149.99. Oh, well . . .

Matilo Telephones

Got myself this Kellogg red bar.
It was literally in a barn. I picked it up myself.

===========================

EDIT: Since this phone generated a long discussion, was taking on a life of its own, the discussion posts were split off and posted in General Discussion at this link:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15864.0

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Fabius

The phones in this box are all dirty but look at that one in the lower right. That's not paint, it fungus or bird crap or other nasty stuff. I always pick up a 302 to see if there's anything interesting about it but not this time.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

unbeldi

Quote from: Fabius on April 07, 2016, 12:57:32 PM
The phones in this box are all dirty but look at that one in the lower right. That's not paint, it fungus or bird crap or other nasty stuff. I always pick up a 302 to see if there's anything interesting about it but not this time.
That happens when you keep your phone next to your anthrax work bench.

:o

Doug Rose

Its mold...happens to some phones stored in a damp area, others are fine. Like the box with a couple with mold, I had a box of 302s stored and when I opened them, black and white like these,. Are they for sale?.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

It is the soft plastic sets that mold. Once AE went to hard plastic they continued to use soft plastic for the dial number ring and some sets will be okay in storage except the number ring is white with mold!

Terry