News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE type 10, with strange dial or selector????

Started by jfrutschy, August 29, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrutschy

Item #200955794018.   Just love AE phones the closest I could find in the catalog is the AE 10, but that model shows a crank on the side.  The selector is extremely odd also.   I know a couple AE fans out there that will fill my brains with knowledge over this odd phone.   Tossed in a couple pics if no one wants to chase it down on eBay.   See technology pays off with the iPad.  I can keep track of the phones faster!

Or in this case, I can learn what the heck this is faster, thanks all

stub

John,
        This is a 5 station AE Intercom in a AE 3 case.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Does the selector appear to be from AECo Stub? Or do you think it is an aftermarket mod to turn it into an intercom?

Terry

stub

Terry,
         It doesn't match anything in the 4033 catalog from 1939 , not sure if it's a AE dial or not , I have seen a few just like it though.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

jfrutschy

stub

John,
         That appears to be a manual AE 21.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

John,
Terry,
         Here's a pic of the inside of the Intercom above. I think the push button turn dial is probably AE.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Yes the selector looks like a professionally made unit. The screws on it remind me of a British or at least European product. So it may be from a different company than AE or maybe even AEI Liverpool (AE's British subsidiary
)

Terry