SargeGuy's 302AC "LIFT PLUNGER TO DIAL OR TALK" for $36 on ebaY
3 (13.6%)
Brinybay's "Farm Phone" B1 with E1 and Wood Subset $140 on Craig's List
1 (4.5%)
Nilsog's B1 with E1 Handset for $29
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for March 2012 Here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Terry

flingwing1969

Okay, here is my Newbie submission.  My wife is an avid FreeCycle and CraigsList (free items) "shopper".  She doesn't always tell me when she spots something she simply can't live without, I suppose to avoid my usual, "What are we going to do with THAT." response.  Anyway, she saw an ad saying, "Moving out, everything's up for grabs, for free." and off she went.  She was late to the party but she did learn that the original owner of the home, an avid phone collector, had died and he estate was cleaning things out.  In the garage she spotted a cool looking old phone and she snatched it up - ignoring, unfortunately, the many more phones also in there that she could have had.  

We are now the proud owners of this AE34 in original used condition and in need of only a little cleaning, a bit of polishing, a smidgen of repair to a very small chip on the lip of the mouthpiece, and a proper handset cord.  All in due time.  This phone is fully functional and after only a little air to blow out the spider webs, gluing the inside fabric screens back in, cleaning and lubing the governor, and putting on a modular plug - I dialed my father-in-law (an 84 year old retired Ma Bell installer) and we talked on this lovely machine as I told him all about it.  The sound is very nice and the ring is absolutely a pleasure to listen to.  The hefty handset is the source of new-found arm-strength as well.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6560

flingwing1969

Oh yes, I have a dial disk on the way to make it complete except for new feet and help there would be appreciated.

AE_Collector

An AE 34 for FREE is a price that no one can argue with. Good find!

It needs a rubber ring/gasket on the bottom rather than feet. New reproductions are available for something like $10  or $12 from Gary Goff. gdgoff@gmail.com

Terry

flingwing1969

Thanks Terry - I'll be ordering one. 

Sargeguy

I will nominate my 302AC "LIFT PLUNGER YO DIAL OR TALK".  It is relatively uncommon and I got it for a good price-$36 on eBay

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6532.0;topicseen

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

Ok, I'll throw my "Farm Phone" into the mix.  $140 for a pristine condition wood subset coupled with a B1 (even though the B1 may have been repainted at one time) was a bargain.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6557.0

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Nilsog

I'll toss my B1/E1 in the ring as well. For the low low price of $29, it's probably the best deal I've found yet.

Ken

Doug Rose

Quote from: Nilsog on March 23, 2012, 08:56:36 PM
I'll toss my B1/E1 in the ring as well. For the low low price of $29, it's probably the best deal I've found yet.

Ken....what a deal!! $$29 for a B1 in that great shape! Is it a 4H dial?? I love the dial card...Doug
Kidphone

Nilsog

It is a 4H, sir! The dial card is courtesy of Sargeguy.
Ken

Doug Rose

Ken....Great phone. I am partial to the B1s. Such a classic design in my humble opinion... Eighty years old! Beautiful...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Looks like that's it for "Finds of the Month" for March 2012. Only four contestants this month though I'm pretty sure there were more "Finds" out there than these four.

Time to vote and remember to report in here with your "Finds of the Month". You too could win a TRUNK LOAD of CRPF Dollars to do with as you please. Just don't get arrested trying to pass them off as real currency or as something worth anything at all for that matter....

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, it looks as though FREE trumps all other finds this month, especially when it is a FREE AE 34. Congrats Flingwing1969, you WON!

Terry

flingwing1969

I want to thank all the little people who made this possible and especially my manager, Dawna.