News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A study in Mushroom Caps

Started by HarrySmith, June 04, 2011, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

While working on my current project phone I had the 2 Black caps I aquired for it out and decided to compare them to an original so I pulled out my Pink one. In the first picture, left to right;
Black cap made by our own Dan from dental stuff, Price? got mine in a trade for some parts.
Black cap made by ATCA member John Infurna, Price $35.00 plus shipping in Black or White only.
Pink original WE cap, Price??? Unobtainable!
Just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Harry, I bought one back in 2009 from John LaRose via the ATCA.  He offered them in black and white only.  Is it possible you meant John LaRose as opposed to Infurna or are they both selling them?

Notice how the original is painted white inside to help reflect the light onto the dial/finger wheel.

Dan

I have not mastered how to construct the inner metal piece to attach it internally, however it looks great sitting in place with a little two sided tape. I currently made one for my MOSS Green mushroom I received from ebay but I cannot match the color very well. I will have to mix paints .

It would be great if a company would make these at a reasonable  price.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HarrySmith

Yes, Dennis, you are correct, wrong John.
I did notice the white inside and did that to John's cap before installing.
The brass insert John makes is a beautiful piece of machining, too bad it will never show once installed!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"