Started by dsk, September 19, 2009, 03:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

c'mon dennis. gas is down to $2.33. quite a bargain right now. ;D
donna

McHeath

It's $3.13 here.  Thats cuz' it's special. ;D

dsk

The dialgizmoes are here, and the first test is passed.

And you shouldn't complain about gas prises. 2 dialgizmoes incl postage: $50 = 45 liters of regular gasoline here.

dsk

Phonesrfun

That's a little more than I pay for gas, but not much more, so that is good.
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

I recently make a round trip from Calif. to Tennessee, By far California had the highest price for gas of the Southern states anyhow. I found some places $2.30 (Oklahoma) a gallon, California was about $3.15 or so.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

i saw as cheap as $2.21 this weekend. guess we are lucky here in mich. those of us who have jobs & can afford to buy gas that is. :-\
donna

duncanf

Hi there - I have these here in New Zealand... our numbering is around the wrong way, and our telco's are getting rid of pulse dialing by 2012 - What i like about them is they have dip switches inside so you can configure your dialgizmo in relation to your phone set up.

This is good because it means I can now bring more American phones into New Zealand get them going and find nice homes for them and they work perfectly.

I work for Telstra Clear here doing faults - so i was able to take one down to our test bed for testing to prove if they work fine on all the networks here - they seem to work fine. We use Alcatel, Nortel, Nokia, Lucent comms here

HobieSport

-Matt

dsk

Quote from: duncanf on October 07, 2009, 10:55:37 PM
Hi there - I have these here in New Zealand... our numbering is around the wrong way, and our telco's are getting rid of pulse dialing by 2012 - What i like about them is they have dip switches inside so you can configure your dialgizmo in relation to your phone set up.

This is good because it means I can now bring more American phones into New Zealand get them going and find nice homes for them and they work perfectly.

I work for Telstra Clear here doing faults - so i was able to take one down to our test bed for testing to prove if they work fine on all the networks here - they seem to work fine. We use Alcatel, Nortel, Nokia, Lucent comms here

Now I have done some testing here, The dialgizmo does not work on my Ericsson Erifax ii  exhange. If I connect thru a dig-jack, then it works on the lines, but not if I put it on the lines to the telco.

If a you have a telephone with a dial not shorting the line when before the dial is released. (Just shorting the handset, or the receiver) you may not be abel to use # and *  or the redial...

As yousee, this is not a solution for evreyone, but for the moast, its ok.

dsk

shovelhead13746

Quote from: d_s_k on September 19, 2009, 03:59:15 PM
I am wondering if I should spend money on a DialGizmo or two, but does it work?

Anybody out there with good or bad experience with this product?

I have an old Mitel SmarT1, its working quite well, but I am not able to call long numbers starting on 095 witch is a part of my dial plan.  

dsk

PS have you heard about C*NET? (Collectors network) It works!

DS
I love it!   It is the only pulse to tone converter I found that actually works properly with MagicJack

bellsystemproperty

I've been thinking about getting one. How  does the dial # functions work? I need that for my rotary cell phone project as the device only accepts touch-tone and to dial you go #1# 555-2368 #.

Phonesrfun

Oldphoneworks.com also has such a device, which I have not purchased, but I hear it is pretty good.  Called Rotatone.  Here is a link:

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/rotatone-pulse-to-tone-converter.html

Seems to handle both the # and the * as well as speed dial numbers.  Fits inside the phone.  Looks like this one will not work with Magic Jack.

I have no ties to Oldphoneworks, other than that of a customer.
-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

I've seen that, but I don't like it because you can't connect more than one phone as the device is within the phone. With the dialgizmo I could change rotary phones or connect more than one to it. Plus, the Rotatone is expensive. I don't use Magickjack, the device I have is the GE cell fusion gateway.

Actually, it's only $40, I thought it was $100. I still like the Dialgizmo better.

bingster

If I'm not mistaken, the Rotatone can be connected downstream of all your phones so they can all make us of it.  Although, I might be thinking of the other one that they sell.  One of them, you definitely can.
= DARRIN =

dsk

You may use one dialgizmo for multiple phones.
It works generally best on phones who shorts the line when you turn the dial. *, and # may be a problem for telephones who not short the line. :P

My Erifox II PABX does not understand the dialgizmo at all. >:(

Still I will say I am satisfied with the product.

:)dsk