"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RARE Pat. Jan 14, 1913 WE 323BW ROTARY CANDLESTICK TELEPHONE

Started by TelePlay, November 17, 2011, 08:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

rdelius

This set is an Autelco rebuild .Note AE base and dial on a western set. He must be nuts
Robby

Kenny C

I know someone who recently bought one of these for over 300.00! No it wasn't me

Do these have the AE 21 base?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

rdelius

the base is similar but the hole for the shaft might be larger for the WE parts to fit
Robby

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GG

So is anyone here going to be "Mr. Helpful" and inform the seller that he's out of his mind? 

IMHO that might be worth $150 or so if it's in good condition.  Mongrelized desk stands aren't any better or worse than mongrelized 500s with mixed WE, SC, and ITT parts. 

TelePlay

For what it's worth, Mr. Helpful did not come to the aid of the seller, or the seller didn't believe Mr. Helpful.

So, unfortunately for the seller, the not so rare candlestick expired BIN auction has been re-listed at the same price, $4,995 plus $18 shipping.

http://tinyurl.com/craszhw

Up for another 19 days as of this posting date, for what it's worth. And, it does have an "or Best Offer" option this time around. Can a seller have sticker shock?

What's that old phrase about doing the same thing over and over but expecting something different to happen?

GG

Oh, it's a nice phone alright, but the seller is obviously smoking "prescription blend" if he thinks he can get $5k for it.

I'd suggest a bunch of us place offers in the range of $50 to $150, just to help the seller sober up in case he's planning to drive his car any time soon.