News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

analyzer.

Started by electric al, March 15, 2015, 09:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric al

I have the chance to buy a used B K 1050 analyzer .

Is it worthwhile ?

How many of you guys own a telephone analyzer ?

This may be a dumb question !
Never met a phone I didn't like !

unbeldi

Whether it's worthwhile depends on what you want to do with it.

While the 1050 is a test unit for both wired and cordless telephones, most of the real estate (~90%) on the front panel is for advanced cordless phone testing beyond what you need for collecting test purposes.  It is a combination instrument that includes the features of the 1045 telephone tester and the 1047 cordless telephone tester, and then some.

We started presenting and discussing the features at one point, because no manual was available online, but this has been rectified and the description was stopped.

Personally, I think a 1045 is a more practical instrument, smaller portable and quicker to operate.  With the 1050 you are turning on a lot of electronics not needed.

But if you are going to repair old cordless phones, it is the unit to get.

In general, the basic features of these telephone analyzers are very useful. They provide quick analysis of ringing, supervision, dialing, and audio functions. They also include a modular cord continuity tester.

As always:   price vs. features vs. needs.

electric al

Thanks for the info.

I am going to stay with the basics for now !
Never met a phone I didn't like !

WesternElectricBen

I have the BK 1050 which I like. It only coated me $50 at the Lancaster phone show. Although, I would get the BK 1045 if I had the option.

Ben