"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WOW, $1500.00 MULTILINE??

Started by HarrySmith, November 11, 2010, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Not sure this seller knows what he is taliking about:

Very rare early Western Electric  Desk dial set with multi color push buttons. This is a rare very desireable phone. In excellent condition. A little dusty but can be cleaned easily. Bottom cloth looks newer on this early original phone.

Check it out here:
http://tinyurl.com/35nlswt
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry...This is REALLY a very rare WE 205. These were intercoms for the very rich in the late 30s that accommodated two outside lines and intercoms to other room. The base that goes on the bottom intercom unit was from an A1. The unit that controlled this was the size of a refrigerator. This is a real nice example, these usually go over $1K. In my humble opinion, these are just as rare or more rare than the A1. I have one, but it is nothing compared to this. Below is the finshed phone and the before picture as I found it....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Looks like "Auction 59" No??

Terry

HarrySmith

OK, I thought it was just an itercom. Still "a newer bottom on an original phone" does not sound right.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 11, 2010, 02:38:13 PM
OK, I thought it was just an itercom. Still "a newer bottom on an original phone" does not sound right.
Harry...not a new bottom, a new leather bottom cover. Mine has one as well, expertly made by Forum Memeber Marie Prewitt.....Doug
Kidphone

bingster

Quote from: ae_collector on November 11, 2010, 02:21:50 PM

It would be if the opening bid weren't so high.  With an opener that high, there's really nowhere to go with the guesses.  Great, great phone, though.
= DARRIN =

AE_Collector

Quote from: bingster on November 11, 2010, 03:32:46 PM
Quote from: ae_collector on November 11, 2010, 02:21:50 PM

It would be if the opening bid weren't so high.  With an opener that high, there's really nowhere to go with the guesses.  Great, great phone, though.

Yeah, I neglected to think of that.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Kidphone on November 11, 2010, 02:15:22 PM
Harry...This is REALLY a very rare WE 205. These were intercoms for the very rich in the late 30s that accommodated two outside lines and intercoms to other room. The base that goes on the bottom intercom unit was from an A1. The unit that controlled this was the size of a refrigerator. This is a real nice example, these usually go over $1K. In my humble opinion, these are just are rare or more than the A1. I have one, but it is nothing compared to this. Below is the finshed phone and the before picture as I found it....Doug

Hats off to you sir.
Jorge

Doug Rose

thanks Jorge...I really am happy the way it turned out. With all the corrosion on it, I really thought it was a lost cause. I had "risked" $50 on it, so I had money back in parts if I failed to restore it. This was a fantastic CL find, along with three other 202s, two sticks and the 205. CL in the beginning was a great treasure trove for me. The word is out and its harder, but not impossible to find a great hit. Jan and I drove to a guys house in NH in the middle of winter a few years ago. I had talked to him on a Tuesday night and set up the meeting. On the way I had this huge panic attack that someone else had gone up in the days between. I was lucky they were still waiting for me ..Doug
Kidphone