"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Odd problem with Leich705C...

Started by RotoTech99, January 11, 2018, 11:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I have an unusual problem with a Leich 705C I need help with please.

I get a good strong dial tone with the housing off, but when I put the housing on and secure it, the sound level drops: it is still audible, but not as loud.

I think the housing isn't allowing the hookswitch actuator to come to the full off-hook position... What could be causing that?

I am pretty certain the dial isn't causing it; (The dial is a standard AE dial used in the Type 80 or 90, but has 4 soldered leads on the back, and a strap).

I have a similar AE dial with screw terminals, should I replace that, or is there a way to adjust the hookswitch arms, please?

The hookswitch arms do not appear to be bent or distorted.

BTW: the dial leads are different color than on the diagram, but I was able to figure where they should go.

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Rototech99

HarrySmith

Pictures of the case and hookswitch might be helpful.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RotoTech99

Ill try to take pics and post them by next Tuesday; I'm not at my regular computer at present.

Rototech99

AE_Collector

If the hookswitch contacts aren't all making or breaking contact when going off hook with the case installed, could they be out of adjustment? Maybe someone messed with them or they were bent in the past? Try slowly going off hook using your finger on the actuator with the case off. See if you can duplicate the situation before the hook pileup has travelled all the way. This may confirm your theory that everything isn't fully activating when the case is installed. Then you may need a spring bender to adjust it.

Terry