News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brimfield 102

Started by Doug Rose, September 18, 2016, 11:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I got this phone at Brimfield in July as a manual set. I tried to sell it as I have too many B1s, but I could not sell it. Paint is original and pristine. The cover was ripped off so I had a nice new leather cover on it, nada. Time to either give it away or be creative. I chose B.

I put a wonderful 2AE on it (the one I got screwed into a D1 202) and put a real B1 bottom on it and decided to plant it on a shelf. I will sell the phone I removed.

Finger stop is as straight as I could get it considering how bent it was. The dial plate was the prize.

Still debating on a black or Brass retainer ring

Some things work out for the best as I am very happy with it....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

I like the black ring, breaks up the colors and ties to the housing and handset. I really like that finger wheel. Very nicely restored.

Pourme

I agree on both counts...The dial plate is eye catching!...The black retainer ring brings contrast to it!...Nice piece, Doug!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

thanks guys...its a keeper., already on a shelf....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 18, 2016, 03:29:24 PM
thanks guys...its a keeper., already on a shelf....Doug

If you don't mind me asking, Doug. What is the origin/history of that finger dial? That is the first one I have seen. It is very cool! What dials is it usable on?
Benny

Doug Rose

They are sani-dials and not a WE product. AE had the easi-cleans and you see them on phones all the time, The sani cleans are a tough find, they came in black, brass and nickel.  They fit all WE dials from the #2 to the #5. Below is the envelope and instructions from the last one I found....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

Benny

poplar1

Doug, did the B1 you retired have a 2H dial?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

David......it did not.....I did sell one beginning of the summer. If you are looking, I will keep an eye out....always a pleasure.....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

The TCI Sani-dial discussion was split out in its entirety and moved to General Discussion.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16797.0