News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1982 white model 500 (western electric)went up for auction on ebay

Started by southernphoneman, March 24, 2013, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

here is the item number of the phone I just purchased off of ebay and I will post a photo when get it . I will post one photo here and one in my phone collection photos. any way here is the ebay item number....300887341692

WesternElectricBen

Very nice! Seems to be refurbished with new feet though the seller probably did it.

Usually people who sell their "mirror finish" phones get a lot more than that. You did well!

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 08, 2013, 10:36:58 PM
Very nice! Seems to be refurbished with new feet though the seller probably did it.

Usually people who sell their "mirror finish" phones get a lot more than that. You did well!
yes I got lucky with this one, this time around the seller put in a buy it now option in addition to the place a bid, I have seen this sellers 500s/554 sell for over $100.00.

southernphoneman

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 08, 2013, 04:41:48 PM
hi forum members I am all excited  :)I just came off of ebay and I just purchased a beautiful black 500 from one of my favorite sellers and I am just thrilled with this find. it was restored by the same person who did this 1982 white western electric 500. this man is the person who inspired me to start refurbishing phones. just looking at photos of his phones will put you in shock and aw.i wish I knew how to link the photos from ebay to show you all which one it is, but when I receive it, I will sure post photos.this seller is a retired telephone worker from P.A. heck I am wondering if he isn t a member of this forum. I do not have the space or I could go on all day about this ebay seller. this is a seller who takes pride in his work and anyone who has ever bought a phone from him knows that. if anyone could tell me how to link to ebay I would appreciate it.that way I can show all of you this beautiful piece of work..... southernphoneman
the phone just arrived in the mail a few minutes ago and here are the photos.