"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 51AL Candlestick 4H Dial 2AA

Started by John S, April 07, 2013, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Hi Everybody,

Here is my latest find. I went to a flea market Saturday, It was a nice day weather wise.  They have it every month.  I picked up a Western Electric 51 AL Candlestick.  They made it into a lamp.  I was going to pass it up without even looking.  Just seeing the lamp on it was a turn off.  I took a closer look and saw the dial was a 2AA with a 4H dial  That caught my attention.  They took all the finish off and exposed all the brass.  They use ton of Brasso, I can see all the goo everywhere.  When I saw the price I had to jump on it.  I paid 65.00 bucks for it.  After removing the lamp and cord and putting in back together, its really a cool phone.  It does have the hole on top.  It will fill a hole in my collection now.  I think I will repaint it black.  That will be some work, but I think it would look very cool.  Here are some pics.  It has found a home on my shelf.

John

John S

More pics....

wds

Very nice find.  The dial is worth the price of the phone.  Nice display !
Dave

Doug Rose

The numbers only notchless dial plate is worth the price of the phone! Nice find John....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Nice!  Definitely paint it black, and get the finger wheel plated.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Mr. Bones

John,

Very nice find, at a superb price! This makes you, at least, one very cool candlestick ahead of my collection! :D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus