News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bought 3 Slot Pay Phone need help Identifying phone and changing way it operate

Started by Bob S, December 12, 2018, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob S

I will post Pictures as soon as I get it opened Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bob S

Well I have it and I stopped trying to drill out the lock before I destroy it. Any suggestions its drilled to diameter of lock cylinder and I am trying to remove chunk of brass from cylinder

Bob S

Well I got it Didn't have to destroy the lock after I destroyed it. I got help I had to remove screws from back side of phone to remove bottom portion.

Bob S

Hooked it up and it calls out More pictures what is it worth.

rdelius

looks like it was convertd to an lpc 86?55 simi postpay ..Pullbucket was not needed for this application.Upper housing seems newer than the back/vault. No WE parts at all

Payphone installer

Always ask questions before you buy it when it comes to payphones,many collectors don't because they think they see a good deal and don't want to tip off others. You are better off to ask first then buy. You have a refurbished payphone with a a chrome Gray Western bottom. The phone was never made in chrome it was done in the refurbishment process. The coin return bucket has been milled out wider to except a bucket. So the entire internal piece is missing as well as the surrounding coin return plate. Removing chrome is very hard to do and expensive. The backboard is a good piece. It is early cast iron but it was also was never chrome. The rest is just 1960's A/E with a teltronics board. The upper lock is a 29S no need to drill it you can buy the keys. The lower vault door is A/E which you can always tell by the circle around the door lock hole. What I do with phones like this is buy the phone strip off the good parts and then replace with cheap parts and resell. You can make a nice phone out of this but it won't be cheap and you have to know what to buy going forward.

Bob S

Ok I got it back together Need A 29S lock for the top side and the coin box will Not slide in For some reason the top mechanism will not let it slide in track I can Open cover and use screw driver and turn the slot clock wise and it will let me open the chute but I cant slide it in because the lever stops it from sliding in.

Bob S

Bob S

Bob S

Hi I just Bought this phone I would like a value and information on it the top seems to be made by Automatic electric . I have a wiring diagram for it I will post more pictures and the diagram.I messed up trying to drill out the lock and final had help removing top cover It is a 29s lock. I put a line cord on it and it dials out. With out adding coins to it I want to change that so that I can make a call and when party answers I will need to deposit coins Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you

Bob S

More Information

rdelius

To make this work as intended,You need reverse battery supervision. I doubt this is possible. What I used to do while working at Chicago Old Telephone was connect the telephone so the T & R were reversed. You then had to deposit a coin to answer or talk always. So no free calls at all because no supervision from the CO.

Bob S

I believe I can make a latching relay so their is no talk till a coin passes the coin micro switch latching the relay so I can talk. Sounds to simple don't it

rdelius

If you connect it as I described, with the set connected so you cannot talk, A coin will unblock the transmitter. When you hang up, it will reset. Note the transistor and reed relay on the coin trigger board. I wired many of these for customers that wanted coins to work.

Bob S