News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - June 2019

Started by Jim Stettler, June 01, 2019, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

***Find of the month -June 2019 Vote for 2***

SunriseEarth's 1992 Cameo Green R2702BMG.    $30 (plus $14.35 S&H).                  eBay
5 (17.2%)
FABphones's Candlestick made by Peel Conner, Coventry, England.  1923 $96 Delivered
15 (51.7%)
phonium's Dictograph style intercom with kellogg handset $35                       antique store
3 (10.3%)
HowardPgh's   red North Electric Ericofon.                                           $25.      antique mall
10 (34.5%)
countryman's  unidentified lineman's handset    about $57.00 delivered eBay classifieds
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Jim Stettler

Voting is open for June Find of the month. The July topic has been posted as well.
JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Chesterwick

I would like to nominate my 12-56 Western Electric 500 Desk Set in Mahogany Brown, purchased at an antique shop for $30.

FABphones

Quote from: Chesterwick on July 01, 2019, 10:17:31 AM
I would like to nominate my 12-56 Western Electric 500 Desk Set in Mahogany Brown, purchased at an antique shop for $30.

July now so votes are already coming in for June. I don't think you can enter for July either as no phone in for June (see page 1).

Nice phone nonetheless.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

Quote from: FABphones on July 01, 2019, 10:43:42 AM
July now so votes are already coming in for June. I don't think you can enter for July either as no phone in for June (see page 1).

Nice phone nonetheless.  :)
Technically correct.
However, I  think it would be ok to put this one in July Find of the Month.
Please PM me if there our any objections on this ruling.
Thanks,
Jim
You live, You learn,

countryman

I think it should be OK to nominate phones that arrived during the last couple of days of a month in the next month. This way everyone can take his/her time to unbox, identify and clean the item. Also, many members notic and evaluate early nominations more often than those that were posted on the last day.

FABphones

Voting closed 5 days ago, looks like there will be no tiebreaker vote for June, so well done 'shinies', and well done countryman. Nice find.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

Looks like I screwed up and forgot about the June voting.
I will create a 48 hour June tie-breaker poll.
We need to keep it down to 1 winner each month to keep the find of the year  fair.
Jim
You live, You learn,