News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bwanna, Check This Out....

Started by Dan/Panther, January 22, 2010, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Just to butt in here, I'm finding this whole thread to be very amusing and educational, both in the historical development of the terms "Buttinski" and "Butt-Set", as well as the whole "equal opportunity" thing.

As for the dolls themselves, they all sound good to me, but isn't it maybe "sexist" or "un P.C." that they are all women dolls? Am I stuck as a manly man with only a G.I. Joe with a military field phone? Or perhaps a Gumby and Pokey with a mini Ericophon?

Just kidding of course. Let's not even go there... ;)
-Matt

Dan/Panther

Donna;
Glad you liked my find. I keep my eyes open, and think about you when surfing ebay.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Oooo, I had the GI Joe combat phone, it was way cool. 

Not going to start buying them, no, no no, I'm not.... :'(

bwanna

Quote from: McHeath on January 23, 2010, 08:11:02 PM
Oooo, I had the GI Joe combat phone, it was way cool. 

Not going to start buying them, no, no no, I'm not.... :'(

aw go on & do it. d/p will troll ebay for you ;D

one thing that was not included in the description is the size of the doll. jim.... ???

in all my time w/the phone company, no one has ever been able to tell me the real reason for the butt set name. another explanation is that the clips are butted against the terminal lugs, like a butt splice. :-\

donna

bwanna

well, my mini me is here! and she is just a doll...lol. she is about 15" tall w/movable arms & legs & eyes that open/close. her t-shirt has a bell emblem & she is wearing black lineman boots. i think she is a smoker, as there are yellowish stains on her clothing & hat. as you can see, i have placed the butt-set in the correct location ;)

thanks again d/p for the heads up on this auction.
donna

Steve

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Dennis Markham

Looks good, Donna.  Now you have to be on the look-out for the other dolls....and the butt set looks better there.

bingster

The first photo makes her look like she's full size and standing in front of a self-storage locker. ;)
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Donna;
you are quite welcome, I must admit, I really like that doll. How perfect for you.
D/P

AET

I am a big supporter of women in the workplace.  My mother does a "man's job" she is a maintenance mechanic at Wisconsin Cheeseman.  She has fought many battles over it, and I'm very proud of her.  She's was maintenance at Mantel before that in the 80's until she quit to have babies (early 1990). 
- Tom

Dan/Panther

My former Mother-In-Law worked with me at General Motors, we were both millwright Mechanics. She took a lot of crap from everyone, BUT She was the ONLY State certified mechanic out of 65 at the plant.
D/P

Dewdrop

Donna,

Here's a Craig's List in Houston with three telephone dolls and their hair is different than yours:

http://houston.craigslist.org/clt/1574638864.html ( dead link 03-09-21 )

Debbie
Debbie

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
They seem like a bargain.
D/P

bwanna

debbie, thx for the CL link. according to jim there are 4 different dolls, so now we have seen 3of them. i was going to email the seller to inquire if they would ship them, but the listing has been removed.  >:( i don't really want all of them, but would be great for my antique booth.

thx bing...that's the illusion i was going for. kinda looks like the door on the garage at work.

you're right dennis, nobody would wear her tool belt cinched around her waist like it was ;)

i put her pic as my profile pic on FB ;D
donna

Dewdrop

Donna,

That was quick. It was there earlier today. Two of the dolls were dressed like yours but one had red hair and one had black hair.

Debbie.
Debbie