News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre_janew

If we did that, then someone would make a video of it and post it on YouTube.  Then it would get even more attention!

shortrackskater

Quote from: andre_janew on December 21, 2019, 04:31:21 PM
If we did that, then someone would make a video of it and post it on YouTube.  Then it would get even more attention!

;D ;D ;D
Mark J.

Key2871

Agreed, it's ugly. The heck with the monster truck, just run it over put it out of our misery.
KEN

CanadianGuy

I mentioned these in 2017 but I don't think I posted pics. This place must think they're doing a great service by "customizing" these poor phones  ::)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/oshawa-durham-region/custom-vintage-coca-cola-leafs-habs-jays-harley-ect-rotary-phone/1262983033?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.messaging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

"PICKERING ANTIQUE MARKET 1400 SQUIRES BEACH RD and 400 ANTIQUE MARKET IN INNISFIL /BARRIE....BOTH OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK 10AM - 5:30PM.....CUSTOM DESIGNED VINTAGE ROTARY... PUSH BUTTON...AND WALL MOUNT PHONES IN ALL DIFFERENT DESIGNS ...LEAFS ...HABS...JAYS...SHELL..MOBILE GAS...COCA COLA..HARLEY DAVIDSON...INDIAN MOTORCYCLE... AND SO MANY MORE !!! THESE PHONES ARE AT OUR PICKERING ANTIQUE.MARKET LOCATION ....PRICE STARTING AT $130.00 PER PHONE.."

Edit: I found my old Post on page 44 I think. Sorry, feel free to delete these.

CanadianGuy

Continued...

CanadianGuy

Last one  ;D

Babybearjs

Interesting customization's... I've seen some collectible phones, but I wonder if any of these were actually licensed by the advertised company or organization.   too much advertising!
John

FABphones

May I add a Hideous Telephone Accessory.

These genuine articles are regularly seen for sale. A three piece (telephone body, handset, rear listener) ensemble made from fabric to fit a Socotel S63. Four piece if you are 'lucky' enough to find a set with a dial cover.

I see them as ugly dirty unhygienic things which I would happily burn. But only after removing them via the end of a very long stick. Which I would then also burn.

These delights can be yours for just over $44 and $49 respectively.

Yuk.  :-\
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

At least those are washable (sorta).
In the 1970's there was a company that made "flocked" (fuzzy) 500 sets . These weren't fake fur sets. These were low nap fuzz. I want to say the colors were orange, green and maybe a maroon like color.

I think they made 3 colors. I might still have an orange one around.
Paul F. probably has some photos.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

What were they thinking?

Their description:
Nice show piece phone for your home.....in good working condition.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/312475933106198/

FABphones

Quote from: Duffy on July 01, 2020, 07:23:22 AM
What were they thinking...

Yuk. I don't know what they were thinking, but they should be thinking of taking art lessons.  ;D
What is it even meant to be, Cactus? Seaweed?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

Make sure to wash your hands well after using that phone.

Larry

countryman

I must say I've seen worse painted phones?

19and41

The design kind of reminds me of a Dr. Seuss picture.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

countryman

German phone booth turned into an outhouse (toilet) offered in eBay classifieds:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/alte-telefonzelle/1467036159-246-1984

Nope, I'll not take this one.