News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Tim has done it again

Started by LarryInMichigan, June 08, 2010, 03:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Tim just sold another of his North/Leich conversion phones for an unbelievable price
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150450751615)
( dead link 05-31-21 )

I never would have expected this phone to be worth so much.  I originally estimated the value to be about $25, and the last one of his I saw sold for about that amount, but apparently the interest in these phones has really increased.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Larry, is Tim someone we know?

LarryInMichigan

Dennis,

He is the forum member in Maine who found a bunch of these and other phones in his grandmother's attic (http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2411).  Since I replied to this original post and gave him an estimate of what I thought the phones were worth, I have been taking note of the ones that he has sold on ebay.

You saw the one that I bought from him when you were here a couple of months ago.

Larry

Tim

Larry, you beat me to it.  I was going to send you a message seeing if you had caught this one.  I checked it with about 2 hours to go and it was around $8.00, and went out for a while and came back to find it out what it went for.....and I was shocked....

Hope you are enjoying yours.

Also, after finding those original phones I've added a couple more to my very young collection...I'll have to try to get some pictures up.  One I am very fond of is a Galion which my aunt got a hold of and gave to me.  It had some paint spots and dirt/grime all over it....It cleaned up very well though..
- Tim -

LarryInMichigan

It must be that word is out that I have a North/Leich conversion phone, so everyone wants one now ;D.

The original Galion phone is quite nice.  I have one which I bought on ebay a couple of months ago.  Mine came covered with ugly flaking black paint, but I managed to remove all of the paint with paint stripper and polish the phone, so it looks great now.  It is interesting to look at these two phones and note that they are identical under the hood.  I also have a wall version, in near mint condition, of the Galion which uses the same base as the desk version.

Good luck on your next auction.  If I ever decide to sell any phones on ebay, I hope to have as much success as you are having.

Larry

Tim

If that is the case, I'm glad I sold you the first one..haha..

It is very interesting to see the different bodies that have the same thing underneath.

The auctions are definitely going well...better than expected...those were the first things I ended up selling online, and it is easier than I thought it would be..
- Tim -

Dennis Markham

Larry, thanks for jogging my memory.  Sorry I forgot about you Tim! :)  Congratulations on the sale.

Tim

Haha Dennis....Not a problem.. My activity comes in spurts, so it's probably easy to miss me..
- Tim -

Dennis Markham

My "vintage" brain sometimes forgets! :-[

LarryInMichigan

Another North/Leich phone went this evening on ebay
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170494678370),
( dead link 05-31-21 )

but it didn't do well  A little cleaning, more pictures, and a quick check to verify that it works might have made a big difference.

Larry