News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 11A and Subset..I believe

Started by Gilas, April 01, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

AE fans maybe you can help me with this.  I believe that this is an AE 11A.  I found it with shipping for $92 and couldn't pass it up.  Love the subset with the British Columbia Telephone Company label on it.  Beautiful phone even has the braided cord.

stub

Gilas,
       The AE 1 A's and 11 A's look identical on the outside. You will have to look inside to find out for sure. The 1st pic is a AE 11 A , term. 8 (bottom one on the right) has the wire wound 205 ohm resistor and will use the induction coil receiver   ( 2nd pic) with the regular type 38 handset.
        Please post photo's of the insides of subset also (it should be just a ringer and capacitor). Here's your wiring diagram AE Bulletin 1015 , 1929,pg. 11     Nice find!!!!!!!! stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

Slal

Congrads!  Your price beat what I paid for refurb AE-11A w/homemade oak ringer box. 

--Bruce

PS:  Tall cradle = early one or not necessarily?

Gilas

Stub I got the phone today and took some pics.  Really looks in great shape.  Paper inside shows a service date of 1934

LarryInMichigan

It looks great.  You got a really great deal, especially with the extensicord and a SL ringer.

Larry

stub

Gilas,
           That's a nice phone but it's a AE 1 A not a 11 A. Check the inside of the receiver to see if it has 3 wires on it. Still a great phone!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Gilas

stub

Kenneth Stubblefield